Lockpicking is garbage!

#1banone779Posted 12/8/2012 9:38:03 PM
The locks are impossible to pick. No matter how many times I try they never open. I've given up trying to open the chests until they patch this mess.
---
Simon Says......Bleed.
#2JohnnySomethingPosted 12/8/2012 9:49:36 PM
1 . Move the left stick in one of these 8 directions: Up, Up-Right, Right, Down-Right, Down, Down-Left, Left, or Up-Left.

2 . When it catches, keep holding the left stick in place.

3. Repeat step 1, except this time with the right stick.

4. When it catches, hold the right stick in place.

5. Keep both sticks held in place, mash the crap out of the right trigger. If you have any button-mashing speed whatsoever, you will unlock the chest before the time runs out.

In conclusion:

They don't need a patch (for this at least), it's not broken.
#3banone779(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 10:19:47 PM
Yes, it is broken. You get the left stick in place, then get the right stick in place and "mash the crap out of the button"........... then start all over again and again and again... etc. No matter how long you try it just keeps stopping, forcing you to start over and over.
---
Simon Says......Bleed.
#4cubegod69erPosted 12/8/2012 10:38:47 PM
Oy vey, another one of these threads. Rotate left stick until vibrate, hold there. Rotate right stick until vibrate, hold there. Mash RT. Voila
#5PlanescapedPosted 12/8/2012 10:44:05 PM
Lockpicking is quite different on the PC version and from the sounds of things, easier.

You move the mouse left or right until you hear a click, then up or down until you hear a second click, then you press the left mouse button a few times and it opens.
---
The clouds pass... the rain does its work and all individual beings flow into their forms." The Book of Changes
#6banone779(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 10:52:42 PM
Just mash RT and.... Voila he stops and you have to start all over again.
---
Simon Says......Bleed.
#7AethonWarriorPosted 12/8/2012 11:09:54 PM
I honestly don't understand how people could not understand lock picking in this game. I've seen multiple threads on the subject talking about it's horrible and difficult
---
Damn proud to finally be a part of the United States Air Force.
Bread is INFINITY!!!!
#8banone779(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 11:27:46 PM
Because it is horrible and difficult.
---
Simon Says......Bleed.
#9AethonWarriorPosted 12/8/2012 11:54:23 PM
banone779 posted...
Because it is horrible and difficult.

Not one single time did I ever think lock picking in this game was horrible and difficult. I unlocked every lock on the first try because I'm not a third grader so it isn't difficult to hold the analog sticks in different directions then spam Rt. The hell is so horrible and difficult about that? Maybe you just suck.
---
Damn proud to finally be a part of the United States Air Force.
Bread is INFINITY!!!!
#10RikusMasterPosted 12/8/2012 11:58:35 PM
Hold the analogs WHILE you mash the RT lol stop letting go