How many glitches are there?!

#1gtonizukiaPosted 1/20/2013 6:20:59 PM
'm on Mission 6 now and I've encountered so many glitches, I'm very surprised that there's this many of them. At first they were funny and forgivable but now it's beginning to wear out. I haven't even come across half those what other people are saying.
I've seen:

Animals floating in mid air
Rubbery dead bodies looking like Stretch Armstrong
I've fallen inside rocks and couldn't get out
See through walls
Godzilla-esque mouth movements
Bouncy numbers
Enemies reappear as if I never killed them (I killed the same fort chief 3 times in a row once)
Invisible wanted posters
Things I should be able to interact with don't work (like wanted posters)

I'm sure there's a few more and I know I'm not done seeing new ones. Was this game rushed? Will patches come out?

I'm really liking this game, but the vast amount of glitches are really starting to get on my nerves and starting to ruin the experience. I usually like to do all the side missions/games in the AC series, but I can't figure out the assassin's management nor crafting. My convoys are destroyed. I need to remake one, but in order to do that, it seems I need to send wood to the artisan...but I can't because I don't have a convoy! I kinda just don't want to deal with it anymore because the glitches are getting the better of me.
#2CRK44Posted 1/20/2013 8:15:50 PM
gtonizukia posted...
'm on Mission 6 now and I've encountered so many glitches, I'm very surprised that there's this many of them. At first they were funny and forgivable but now it's beginning to wear out. I haven't even come across half those what other people are saying.
I've seen:

Animals floating in mid air
Rubbery dead bodies looking like Stretch Armstrong
I've fallen inside rocks and couldn't get out
See through walls
Godzilla-esque mouth movements
Bouncy numbers
Enemies reappear as if I never killed them (I killed the same fort chief 3 times in a row once)
Invisible wanted posters
Things I should be able to interact with don't work (like wanted posters)

I'm sure there's a few more and I know I'm not done seeing new ones. Was this game rushed? Will patches come out?

I'm really liking this game, but the vast amount of glitches are really starting to get on my nerves and starting to ruin the experience. I usually like to do all the side missions/games in the AC series, but I can't figure out the assassin's management nor crafting. My convoys are destroyed. I need to remake one, but in order to do that, it seems I need to send wood to the artisan...but I can't because I don't have a convoy! I kinda just don't want to deal with it anymore because the glitches are getting the better of me.

You seem to have gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to most amount of glitches for a single person. I would deem the game unplayable if I had that many glitches in my game. Especially seeing through walls..that's a pet peeve of mine.

To answer your questions:

1. Rushed? Possibly. But considering how much the devs were preaching "new engine, new this, new that" before release, it could be that during the development period, they tried to change up too many things (technology-wise) and faltered.
2. No one knows. Hopefully.
---
Jarl Ballin'
GT: C IR IK B3AST (those are capital i's) Temporary GT: RetainedPrism18
#3CoontemptusPosted 1/20/2013 11:33:15 PM
Your list will be ten times as long by the end of the game if you try to 100% it.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#4dillpickle69Posted 1/20/2013 11:37:01 PM
'How many glitches are there?'

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwhv2roIab1qd47jqo1_500.gif
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#5gtonizukia(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 1:51:30 PM
I don't think I'll be able to 100% this game like I have the others. I really want to do all the side quests and story lines, but at this rate, I'm going to end up breaking something due to frustration.

I did take a little break from the game during the Tea Party mission because I just got overwhelmed with them. Hopefully, Ubisoft will come out with a patch at some point fixing these things. At that point, I can see myself starting a new game and actually doing everything.

I had no idea they revamped the engine. I kinda liked the old one. Having all the buttons changed when we got so used to the old play scheme is a little annoying. I still don't understand why developers don't give a custom button mapping system where you can make any button do any of the commands in the game.
#6MNSpectrePosted 1/21/2013 2:41:10 PM
I've gotten stuck in walls and rocks way too many times.

REALLY annoying having to quit out of the animus and jump back in...
#7gtonizukia(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 2:08:45 PM
MNSpectre posted...
I've gotten stuck in walls and rocks way too many times.

REALLY annoying having to quit out of the animus and jump back in...

Actually, the one time this happened to me, I just fast traveled to the nearest point. If there's a next time for you, try that.
#8OfDestinyPosted 1/23/2013 2:58:51 PM
Bouncy numbers?
#9BigBee2005Posted 1/24/2013 3:04:19 AM
I'm about four or five memories in and the only glitch I've seen is when I was in a town and a squad of redcoats literally disappeared then reappeared within a couple of seconds. Other than that, nothing.

Surely this long after a game release the worst of the glitches should be ironed out by updates? If not then it doesn't bode very well :-(
---
XBL Headwind PSN Headwindz
#10SheepinatorPosted 1/24/2013 7:13:37 AM
I've seen quite a few too. Wanted posters I couldn't interact with. A printer I couldn't interact with. When I needed poison for a mission very late in game the right side of the weapon wheel wouldn't move. I've frequently lost one of my weapons after a mission. I fell through the world when starting one mission. There are also inconsistencies I hated like one mission I suddenly couldn't choke people, on purpose by game design, whereas the rest of the game I could. In another an optional objective was don't kill more than X guys, I choked one with bare hands which isn't a kill, and the counter went up anyway.

It's a big game, for the most part these bugs haven't been a huge deal, but still, I've seen more than I usually do in most games.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.