You know... I forget what Connor's motivation is...

#1zenandiPosted 1/21/2013 11:14:25 AM(edited)
Is it to stop the Templars?
Retrieve the Amulet?
Defend Tribe and Sanctuary?
Revenge against Haytham?
American Independence?
Beat Archilles at Fanoroma?

I know its probably a bit of everything, but... I don't know, man, feels to me like its a bit of a jumbled mess...

lol, anyone feel the same?
#2bobbyrkPosted 1/21/2013 11:18:53 AM
It's more Defend Tribe and Sanctuary and Stop the Templars than any of the others.

Revenge against Haytham doesn't come into play until way late in the game, not until well after Valley Forge. American Independence is an incidental thing, he supports the Patriots only because their goals occasionally align with his own, and because they're the best way to get to most of his targets. He doesn't even know or care about the Amulet until the very end.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#3afrodude77Posted 1/21/2013 5:25:58 PM
I think it`s ensure his tribes safety and stop the Templars
---
We are the Lin Kuei, more stealthy than the night, more deadly than the dawn!
---
#4JackieMoon33Posted 1/21/2013 7:13:15 PM
I never did beat Achilles at Fanarona. That will always haunt me
#5CRtwentyPosted 1/22/2013 12:35:19 AM
Is it to stop the Templars?
Not at first, but it becomes this by the end.

Retrieve the Amulet?
No, he isn't even aware it exists until the last Chapter.

Defend Tribe and Sanctuary?
Yes, very much so. Though he doesn't really succeed at saving his tribe very well.

Revenge against Haytham?
No. In fact he's convinced he can turn Haytham to the Assasin's cause up til the very end.

American Independence?
Yes, until Washington screws him over.

Beat Archilles at Fanoroma?
Will never, ever, ever happen.
---
"I just came out of a PIE, you swooning harpy! That is totally bat-**** insane!" - Mehrunes Dagon
#6CoontemptusPosted 1/22/2013 8:02:28 AM
A crystal ball told him to.

Don't expect anything more from this convoluted mess of a story.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#7SLucky23Posted 1/22/2013 8:41:22 AM
JackieMoon33 posted...
I never did beat Achilles at Fanarona. That will always haunt me

I'm still working on it. I always get him down to three of four pieces, and then he decides to put a whooping on me. I hate that game..
#8OfDestinyPosted 1/22/2013 7:26:26 PM
I guess that not being raised as an assassin makes him have this lack of clear motivation Ezio and Altair had.

It starts of as a desire for revenge for the death of her mother and a wish to protect his own and it shifts quite a bit throughout the game.
I'm still not completely sure he's up 100% against Templars by the end of the game neither see him as a real Assassin but that's probably because he's not immersed in the Creed as the others were.
#9CRtwentyPosted 1/22/2013 9:17:40 PM
He seems to believe that if he just attacks his enemies the moment they appear in front of him he'll be able to fix things and save his village. Achilles, Haytham, and the entire plot of the game serve to convince him otherwise.
---
"I just came out of a PIE, you swooning harpy! That is totally bat-**** insane!" - Mehrunes Dagon
#10Bloodlines1191Posted 1/22/2013 9:26:20 PM
CRtwenty posted...
He seems to believe that if he just attacks his enemies the moment they appear in front of him he'll be able to fix things and save his village. Achilles, Haytham, and the entire plot of the game serve to convince him otherwise.

And he doesn't find that out till the end of the game... :(

Reminds me of Rock from Black Lagoon. So optimistic, then bad things happen to him and he becomes more jaded.

If a new Connor game is made. I wonder if he gets the happiness he deserves (to many fans dismay) someday...
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper