How do I run faster? Seq 12 spoilers

#1SinisterSamuraiPosted 1/23/2013 12:01:00 PM
Okay, so, every other chase in the game, as long as I don't run into anything, I can close the distance slowly. I see the rangefinder tick down slowly, usually about 1 meter every second or two. But for the Charles Lee chase, when I am running without hitting anything, I see the distance tick up at one meter every second or two, instead. Charles Lee is faster than I am at my top speed, which is making the stay-within-50 meters REALLY difficult.

So, I turned to Youtube for solutions, and I came across this vid:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VRFsX9SUHM
Now, in this vid, the guy gets to a point within about 5 seconds of start where he's jumping over poles in the water. The range finder pops back up on screen, and it reads 37m. When I try to duplicate this, even on my "flawless" runs, he's passed 50m either before that jump or right at it.

My initial conclusion is that there is a way to run faster than just holding down RT. I've spent the whole game thinking RT pressure was the only thing affecting run speed. Hold it light and you jog. Hold it firm and you run balls out. So, how do I run faster?

Or is Lee's superior speed a bug?
---
I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.
#2Grand_BluePosted 1/23/2013 12:05:04 PM
He purposefully runs faster for a little bit near the beginning and he slows down towards the middle.

For me I immediately started to go left down the small stairs so that I don't get caught in the barrel explosion, then I go back up the stairs and stay to the right of the barrels and I never have a problem staying within 50m of him. Once we turn left, I go down the small steps again to avoid the guards.

Maybe someone can explain better than me.
#3Kooler2006Posted 1/23/2013 2:22:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZjzgE_NquQ

This video is how I did it. It took me a few attempts to figure out how it needs to be done, but once you realize, it's actually really easy. I'm glad it wasn't a simple chase and that you actually had to try to keep up with him
#4SJ561Posted 1/23/2013 6:35:32 PM
Hold down A when you run
---
I like to get level 3 notoriety then murder Jagers by the dozen with their own swords
#5Kooler2006Posted 1/23/2013 7:32:59 PM
SJ561 posted...
Hold down A when you run

That does nothing in this game.
#6MyAura717Posted 1/23/2013 7:40:20 PM
This is pretty straight forward though. Before the mission ever loads up hold down the run button and up. He should never really get farther than 40m. He purposely slows down in the end and middle. In fact, I've had him wait at the top of walls i needed to climb.
---
Convert To Buddenism now
#7SheepinatorPosted 1/23/2013 8:30:40 PM
I just did this one. Swerve to left of guy to avoid explosion, without falling. Run straight, if lucky one of the two guards will be down and you can run through, otherwise jump up to the boxes on the right and leap past. Next is group of four, jump diagonal left just before you reach them to cut the corner. From there, straight line you're done.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#8SinisterSamurai(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 6:35:32 AM
So I tried going left, instead of right. With me running, and not running into any slowing obstacles, Lee gets to ~45 by the time the explosion occurs, and about two seconds later he gets to 50. I'm running the whole time. I'm starting off as quickly as possible (Holding down the run button as the mission loads, as one user suggests, does not work. The game doesn't register it being held down until I click it again after control is handed over to the player.)
---
I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.
#9GaMiNg eLiTePosted 1/24/2013 6:53:22 AM
The "hard part" is getting past the explosion and guard line at the start without getting staggered or knocked over.

Stay to the left through both (might have to restart a few times to get past the guard line; they're inconsistent). If you're swerving back and forth, he's obviously going to get ahead of you.
---
In the modern world, "common sense" is an oxymoron.
#10SheepinatorPosted 1/24/2013 7:08:47 AM
SinisterSamurai posted...
So I tried going left, instead of right. With me running, and not running into any slowing obstacles, Lee gets to ~45 by the time the explosion occurs, and about two seconds later he gets to 50. I'm running the whole time. I'm starting off as quickly as possible (Holding down the run button as the mission loads, as one user suggests, does not work. The game doesn't register it being held down until I click it again after control is handed over to the player.)

Are you avoiding the explosion like I mentioned above? If so, you can get the distance down to mid 30's by the time you get to the boat. There is just enough room to squeeze past the guy on the left when the explosion hits. Btw I highly recommend watching a YouTube vid for that part because if you take fire damage and want that objective too, there isn't a checkpoint at the boat, it puts you back to the chase. The fire part is easy, but you can easily screw up first time if you don't know the path.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.