How do I run faster? Seq 12 spoilers

#11dillpickle69Posted 1/24/2013 7:13:45 AM
In case someone already covered it, I just want to point out that I'm too lazy to read the messages and watch the videos.
So this is what I do: At the start, you run down the steps to the left and don't stop that course. When you see that first line of guards, don't try to get past them. make an immediate left and run onto the ship. You then run through the front, and also through the pointy thingy at the very front of the ship, then jump off towards Charles Lee and you should land (or fall, but you're close enough that it doesn't really matter) around 30m away from Lee. Just keep chasing him from there and you should be fine.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#12SinisterSamurai(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 10:05:40 AM
Sheepinator posted...
SinisterSamurai posted...
So I tried going left, instead of right. With me running, and not running into any slowing obstacles, Lee gets to ~45 by the time the explosion occurs, and about two seconds later he gets to 50. I'm running the whole time. I'm starting off as quickly as possible (Holding down the run button as the mission loads, as one user suggests, does not work. The game doesn't register it being held down until I click it again after control is handed over to the player.)

Are you avoiding the explosion like I mentioned above? If so, you can get the distance down to mid 30's by the time you get to the boat. There is just enough room to squeeze past the guy on the left when the explosion hits. Btw I highly recommend watching a YouTube vid for that part because if you take fire damage and want that objective too, there isn't a checkpoint at the boat, it puts you back to the chase. The fire part is easy, but you can easily screw up first time if you don't know the path.

I watched your video. I have concluded that my Lee is moving faster than in your video. He reaches 50m+ within five seconds of the start, while I'm running. And yes, I'm avoiding the explosion. Thank you all for attempting to help me, but it appears as though my particular instance is glitched, even when I exit the memory and restart it.

This is the second mission to be this bugged for me. The first was the one was when you need to blow up two boats, optional objectives are to remain undetected and kill one guy with an air-assassinate. However, every stealth kill instantly alerted every other guard on the boat, even when they weren't looking or there were obstacles between us.

You cannot see this, Ubisoft QA manager, but I am providing you with a wonderful view of both of my middle fingers. **** you right in the neck.
---
I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.
#13SheepinatorPosted 1/26/2013 10:48:08 AM
This is the second mission to be this bugged for me. The first was the one was when you need to blow up two boats, optional objectives are to remain undetected and kill one guy with an air-assassinate. However, every stealth kill instantly alerted every other guard on the boat, even when they weren't looking or there were obstacles between us.

You cannot see this, Ubisoft QA manager, but I am providing you with a wonderful view of both of my middle fingers. **** you right in the neck.

So, you start sprinting with RT immediately, while dodging to the left of the guy at the explosion, and continue sprinting straight line forward? I never let go of RT except for one brief moment where the four soldiers are, I cut across that corner and spun the camera 90 degrees then continued sprinting. I understand you're likely frustrated with it, but I seriously doubt the dude is running faster in your game.

For the two boats, yeah that was a pain. I would do the left boat first because it takes longer. Ledge kill one guy at the bow, then go around the back middle ledge kill one more, then when the guy at the rear of the boat is doing his rounds sneak up behind him for a kill. Even though the body is hidden the grenadier comes over, so you climb those boxes for an easy air kill. Ignore the two guys at the front. For the other boat, I think I maybe did one ledge kill but the best approach was to climb up from the middle, walk straight to the barrels, then walk back and leap off. If timed well, nobody sees you in time.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#14SheepinatorPosted 1/26/2013 11:00:37 AM
To be clearer, I never used that video. See where the first guy is at the explosion? There is just enough room to the left of him to pass while avoiding the explosion and without having to take the lower route on the left.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#15SinisterSamurai(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 11:15:34 AM
Sheepinator posted...

So, you start sprinting with RT immediately, while dodging to the left of the guy at the explosion, and continue sprinting straight line forward? I never let go of RT except for one brief moment where the four soldiers are, I cut across that corner and spun the camera 90 degrees then continued sprinting. I understand you're likely frustrated with it, but I seriously doubt the dude is running faster in your game.

I'm not an idiot. By the time I got to the first set of guards blocking your path, he was already hanging his left and I got an update not to get burned by fire before reaching the second set. I went back to replay the sequence after completing it just now, and he was noticeably slower, allowing me to easily get the sync.

For the two boats, yeah that was a pain. I would do the left boat first because it takes longer. Ledge kill one guy at the bow, then go around the back middle ledge kill one more, then when the guy at the rear of the boat is doing his rounds sneak up behind him for a kill. Even though the body is hidden the grenadier comes over, so you climb those boxes for an easy air kill. Ignore the two guys at the front. For the other boat, I think I maybe did one ledge kill but the best approach was to climb up from the middle, walk straight to the barrels, then walk back and leap off. If timed well, nobody sees you in time.

No, they were auto detecting it. Killing any guard, anywhere on the boat, regardless of LOS or even hanging off the side of the boat immediately entered me into "open combat mode" and failed the "do not get detected" objective. This was quite out of the ordinary for the AI, because it wasn't behaving as it does in all other situations. I promise you that I was not being carelessly seen. Quitting the memory and restarting it reverted the AI behaviors to normal. Reverting to any checkpoint where I'm near the boats caused the AI to act buggy again. So the only way to get it was to quit the memory, restart the memory, follow the guy on horseback, skip a speech, run through an exploding town, and get all the objectives in one pass without reverts.
---
I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.
#16tomahawkintemplPosted 1/27/2013 12:46:16 PM
On mine I hit A as soon as the barrels exploded and I fell down but I got right back up and was in 30 meters of him and then jumped in between the first set of guards and was still within 30 meters of him. Try this and see if this works
More topics from this board...
High profile on default?Jazzo210229/22 9:59PM