buying items from the people on the Homestead

#1BB52700Posted 1/28/2013 3:55:33 PM
how do I buy the things that they make? I can't find out how to do it anywhere. Does it not become available until a certain point in the game? I am in sequence 5
---
I do the best Chewbacca impression EVER!
#2bobbyrkPosted 1/28/2013 4:19:05 PM
Go to a ledger and select the Stockpile option.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#3BB52700(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 4:05:33 PM
so you can only buy things at certain points, then? I bought some stuff to make barrels for a convoy, but when I went back to buy more materials, I couldn't. I love everything about this game except this crafting system. it is ridiculous
---
I do the best Chewbacca impression EVER!
#4bobbyrkPosted 1/29/2013 9:07:21 PM
Nope. Check their stocks. They don't have unlimited stocks, though they do replenish over time.
---
#5SLucky23Posted 1/30/2013 12:18:10 PM
I just can't stand the fact that they devs made it so you cannot craft the best weapons until the game is nearly over with. You're barely able to even use them before beating it.
#6SheepinatorPosted 1/30/2013 1:32:05 PM
SLucky23 posted...
I just can't stand the fact that they devs made it so you cannot craft the best weapons until the game is nearly over with. You're barely able to even use them before beating it.

It would be kind of pointless if you could unlock the best weapons near the start. And you can always buy better weapons in the stores in the meantime.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#7bobbyrkPosted 1/30/2013 2:48:56 PM
To be completely fair, the stats for weapons is almost meaningless, and basically always has been. AC2 was the only one where weapon stats sort of made a difference, but as soon as they introduced the execution streak, stats were pretty much completely ignorable.
---
#8CoontemptusPosted 1/30/2013 5:20:56 PM
Sheepinator posted...
SLucky23 posted...

It would be kind of pointless if you could unlock the best weapons near the start. And you can always buy better weapons in the stores in the meantime.

It really wouldn't make a difference. The weapon changes are mostly cosmetic, and don't effect gameplay very much. Combo doesn't matter, because if you're doing combos you're playing inefficiently. Damage doesn't matter because if you aren't doing 1 hit kills you're playing inefficiently. The stats really don't matter, and are barely noticeable.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#9darkdawneePosted 1/30/2013 6:14:57 PM
Steal!!
---
i like frogs
#10_Shuyin_Posted 1/30/2013 7:42:55 PM
I used the Assassin's Tomahawk throughout the game, even after unlocking the War Tomahawk and Broken Sword Knife. It might be weaker, but like others have said, that doesn't really make that big of as difference.

Besides, it's got style.
---
"Your effort is for naught. How long do you plan to keep this up?"
~Haunting Ground