AC 4 would have had an awesome setting if Desmond didn't an hero

#1JIGSAW_KILLERPosted 1/30/2013 4:33:02 AM
Anyone else think that an AC game set in a wasteland with Desmond as the main character would have been sweet? Too bad ubisoft didn't think about it before they made him an hero.
---
Since the beginning, you have watched others suffer. Now it is your turn to play...
#2Bloodlines1191Posted 1/30/2013 5:01:10 AM
People hated Desmond for one. And death/sacrifice is one of the most dramatic storytelling conventions.

Plus, why a wasteland setting? Considering the implications in the ending, that'd be a sick decision.
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#3bobbyrkPosted 1/30/2013 5:41:06 AM
They were adamant for years that Desmond would never get his own game.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#4OfDestinyPosted 1/30/2013 9:42:48 AM
Bloodlines1191 posted...
People hated Desmond for one.

I never really understood why people didn't like Desmond. I thought he could have been more interesting but then again they didn't give him a whole lot to do other than relieve other people's memories. But I certainly don't dislike him.
#5PAndrewsPosted 2/4/2013 3:40:09 AM

Seeing as how the game is always someone playing a person in the past a Desmond game was always impossible without drastically changing the basics of the game. The only way it could work is by having a decendent of Desmond use a future Animus to relive Desmonds life.

Chances are they still will do this, the ending is never clear on what exactly happened to him, especially considering they reveal multiple things there that Minerva was working on to prevent the solar apocalypse, such as removing a persons mind from their body and guys like Subject 16 who copied his brain into the Animus.
#6OfDestinyPosted 2/4/2013 4:18:27 AM
PAndrews posted...

Seeing as how the game is always someone playing a person in the past a Desmond game was always impossible without drastically changing the basics of the game. The only way it could work is by having a decendent of Desmond use a future Animus to relive Desmonds life.

Chances are they still will do this, the ending is never clear on what exactly happened to him, especially considering they reveal multiple things there that Minerva was working on to prevent the solar apocalypse, such as removing a persons mind from their body and guys like Subject 16 who copied his brain into the Animus.

The problem with this scenario is basically that, as far as we know, all that Desmond did after runing away from the farm was work at a bar and then get kidnapped by Abstergo to become a new Subject. There's really aren't good memories to relive.

I guess he could be some sort of subject 16 to a future Subject, but to be honest I don't think Desmond didn't even know how to do what Clay did.
#7PAndrewsPosted 2/4/2013 5:53:31 AM
The problem with this scenario is basically that, as far as we know, all that Desmond did after runing away from the farm was work at a bar and then get kidnapped by Abstergo to become a new Subject. There's really aren't good memories to relive.

I guess he could be some sort of subject 16 to a future Subject, but to be honest I don't think Desmond didn't even know how to do what Clay did.

It would all depend on whether or not Desmond is truly dead now.

The temple spoke of multiple attempts that were being made to prevent the sun from killing everyone. One of them was removing a person from his body and later placing it back, making it possible that Desmonds is actually alive right now.

So a future AC could be set decades/centuries in the future with a decendent reliving how Desmond survived (which could also be a different game about how his brain set into an animus type machine while reliving some of Conner/Next game Assassin memories similar to Revelations in which he had to get out of his coma), reclaiming his body and stopped Juno from enslaving everyone.

And Desmond doesn't really to know what Clay did, he had Lucy and Rebecca constantly plugging his brain into the animus, who's to say one of them didn't make a little copy of his brain while picking around in there and basically do the same as what Clay did himself.
#8bobbyrkPosted 2/4/2013 7:05:53 AM
PAndrews posted...

It would all depend on whether or not Desmond is truly dead now.

The temple spoke of multiple attempts that were being made to prevent the sun from killing everyone. One of them was removing a person from his body and later placing it back, making it possible that Desmonds is actually alive right now.

So a future AC could be set decades/centuries in the future with a decendent reliving how Desmond survived (which could also be a different game about how his brain set into an animus type machine while reliving some of Conner/Next game Assassin memories similar to Revelations in which he had to get out of his coma), reclaiming his body and stopped Juno from enslaving everyone.

And Desmond doesn't really to know what Clay did, he had Lucy and Rebecca constantly plugging his brain into the animus, who's to say one of them didn't make a little copy of his brain while picking around in there and basically do the same as what Clay did himself.

His body is most definitely dead. They even say it's going to kill him in the game.

The devs also said that the series is NOT some descendant of Desmond's reliving him some time in the far future, and the fact that we follow Desmond to his death pretty much invalidate that theory.

And there's nothing to suggest that Lucy or Rebecca would have known how to copy him into the Animus memory banks, or would have even thought to do it.
---
#9SinisterSamuraiPosted 2/4/2013 10:19:20 AM
I like how people think he's actually dead, when there was no grievous harm was visibly done to his body. No doctors declared his heart exploded. You had some predictions by "gods" that obviously underestimated humanity at least twice in the past. You've got a structure of alien function surrounding you. You've got mind-transference plot elements existing in the story. You've got someone who is already an expert at out-of-body experiences. You have alien DNA. And they basically only showed him dead for a few seconds.

*Main character
*Major problems left to fix
*Cause of death undefined.

That's pretty easy to write a revive around.
---
I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.
#10bobbyrkPosted 2/4/2013 10:49:00 AM
SinisterSamurai posted...
I like how people think he's actually dead, when there was no grievous harm was visibly done to his body. No doctors declared his heart exploded. You had some predictions by "gods" that obviously underestimated humanity at least twice in the past. You've got a structure of alien function surrounding you. You've got mind-transference plot elements existing in the story. You've got someone who is already an expert at out-of-body experiences. You have alien DNA. And they basically only showed him dead for a few seconds.

*Main character
*Major problems left to fix
*Cause of death undefined.

That's pretty easy to write a revive around.

AC Initiates posted a picture of two Avbstergo agents in the cave carrying a loaded body bag, and leaving behind Desmond's blade and backpack.

And even without that, you had developer statements from as far back as October 2011 saying AC3 would end his story.

And the name of the Inn on the Homestead is called the Mile's End.
---
More topics from this board...
Nine men's morris problemNairel227/22 12:34PM