Multiplayer

#1HadesDragonessPosted 1/31/2013 3:15:18 AM
Why do people take multiplayer so serious? I have had abusive messages, knives thrown or smoke bombs used to purposely injure or slow me down for no reason (I am not their target.) Why be like that? I do not care if I come in last or first on the board. I play for the fun and if I see my target is about to take a kill I will try and let them take it before I strike. I cannot see how this multiplayer can make players so mad. Thankfully they are few and for the most the online community is great but has anyone else had this kind of behaviour towards them in game?

Oh, I am addicted to this multiplayer as I find it relaxing so if you are struggling to find people to play with feel free to friend request and/or message me ^.^
---
XBOX360 GT: Hades Dragoness
Gamer For Life
#2CDunavantPosted 1/31/2013 10:39:26 AM
i just recently bought this game. i like it alot. I have not gotten into the multiplayer yet. How is it? is it worth taking a break from single player to try? is it really difficult?
---
GT - BaldEagle666: play a real game, Battlefield 3 all the way! Call of Duty is a JOKE!
#3SheepinatorPosted 1/31/2013 10:52:22 AM
CDunavant posted...
i just recently bought this game. i like it alot. I have not gotten into the multiplayer yet. How is it? is it worth taking a break from single player to try? is it really difficult?

MP is great fun. Try Wanted and Deathmatch first, they are the pure modes the MP originally started with. If you're matched with higher level players it will be hard to win because they have higher scoring tools in their arsenal but you can still enjoy it. Just remember low profile means more points. The Wolfpack coop mode is also fun, coop or solo.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#4thisawesomedudePosted 1/31/2013 2:04:30 PM
I know its gets frustrating but its all in good fun. I like to knife a guy just to him know what direction I'm in :-)
---
Wolfman Jack says this is a signature baby!
#5GaMiNg eLiTePosted 1/31/2013 9:38:11 PM
The nature of this game is just more personal than most, and each player has an identity that is far more visible than in other games. By the end of a typical match, you have a pretty good idea of who's who (even if just by character) and how they play. A major part of the game is analyzing the other players and figuring out how to outwit or outmaneuver them.

When you beat other players, there are those who get mad about it, like in any other game. The big difference here is that they immediately identify the opponent who did something to irk them. In a game like Halo, no one is really distinguishable, so players are much less likely to associate their frustrations with someone specific.
---
In the modern world, "common sense" is an oxymoron.
#6MustBeAFatChickPosted 1/31/2013 11:44:01 PM
I think YOU'RE the one taking it too seriously. Really? People throw knives at eachother to mess around all the time. Get used to it.

I also like to throw my knife at someone who I know is following the same target as me. Lets me get ahead and get the kill, which means more points for me and no points for one of the competitors.

Some people also mistake someone for a pursuer because of weird behavior like following slowly behind. I've done this a few times thinking someone was after me.
#7AurealPosted 2/1/2013 12:59:19 AM
They might also be trying to get the challenge for knifing players.
---
Behold the mythical art of quad-wielding and its dodecarrow storm!
#8HadesDragoness(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 5:03:55 AM
I get using knives for challenges. Same goes for the taunting as I think there is a challenge for both pursuer and target. But you can tell when something is fun and when something is just being done out of spite just by the circumstances. When you kill someone and the other pursuer who is more or less standing next to you throws a knife, taunts then smokes bomb you before walking away I doubt they are doing it for fun.

If you have not played multiplayer I would def recommend it. It is fun and a laugh.
---
XBOX360 GT: Hades Dragoness
Gamer For Life
#9HakeemTheDreamPosted 2/5/2013 9:00:18 PM
Spite knifing is a thing. And it's really stupid, because knives are really invaluable.

Glad you're enjoying the MP.
---
WyvernLord17
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/558836_o.gif
#10MustBeAFatChickPosted 2/5/2013 11:44:17 PM
HakeemTheDream posted...
because knives are really invaluable.

Lol you truly are clueless.