Has Assassin's Creed IV been announced or something? (Spoilers)

#1LFCKINGSPosted 2/1/2013 6:24:47 PM
I recently just beat all the AC games after playing through the Anthology, & so I decided to check out the board properly after trying my best to avoid it in fear of spoilers. But people keep talking as if AC4 has already been officially announced or something. I know the ending kinda points towards there being another game, but still, I'm curious to know if there's anything that people know that I don't.

I'm a big AC fan, but not a huge one, I know most of what happens story-wise, but I don't keep up to date with AC related news like I do Mass Effect, for example.

So what are people basing these opinions off, just the ending, or possibly news or rumours?
---
Smeg Head.
#2bobbyrkPosted 2/1/2013 6:42:07 PM
No, no future titles have been announced yet.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#3zenandiPosted 2/1/2013 7:29:15 PM
bobbyrk posted...

Doesn't matter.

The story points towards a sequel. Ubi themselves w***** Assassins Creed out in more ways and more frequently than your local pimp.

You wouldn't bet against a next AC game happening -- and this year, at that.
#4TysakasaPosted 2/1/2013 7:41:40 PM
Not announced but there's rumours floating about that Brazil may be involved in the next game since apparently Ubisoft has been poking around. It may not come out next year (well, this year) but I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing stuff regarding it come E3.
#5bobbyrkPosted 2/1/2013 7:41:51 PM
zenandi posted...
bobbyrk posted...

Doesn't matter.

The story points towards a sequel. Ubi themselves w***** Assassins Creed out in more ways and more frequently than your local pimp.

You wouldn't bet against a next AC game happening -- and this year, at that.

Well, yeah. The fact that the series is going to continue is a given. It's not going to stop until they have literally nothing else to do with it and sales fall to a level below where they want them to be.

But that's not the point - the topic creator asked if the next game had been announced, which it hasn't.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#6cdmartinusPosted 2/2/2013 6:02:38 AM
Someone from the AC development team was interviewed recently. They said that they are open to more games however this would be the end of Desmond's story, with a new main character in the next one, most likely starting somewhere far in the past allowing them to progress forward through time again.

He also said that the AC team was always under a deadline to bring out a new game more or less every year but now that the pressure was off they could take time to produce the next one and potentially rethink some of the mechanics to make it even better as they've learnt a lot from making them so far.
---
Xbox GT: cdmartinus
#7Shaolin015Posted 2/2/2013 6:30:50 AM
I'm sure right now a lot if games are not being talked about because if the next gen systems not being announced yet. They can't announce a game that's coming our for a next gen console.