So how is the smoke bomb broken?

#1JPliciousPosted 2/2/2013 11:01:17 AM
I'd like to hear this
#2BayouJoePosted 2/2/2013 9:26:35 PM
Didn't know it was.....works fine for me.
---
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."
#3toastboy07Posted 2/5/2013 6:18:13 AM
its not broken. its so good it works for EVERYTHING.

but really most of the online is broken anyway so smoke bomb is just the icing on the cake
#4HakeemTheDreamPosted 2/5/2013 6:07:31 PM
It isn't. People are buttmad because they don't take advantage of its weaknessess and focus only on its strengths.
---
WyvernLord17
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/558836_o.gif
#5Edgemaster70000Posted 2/5/2013 7:09:13 PM
It does literally everything for you except actually pressing X/B. It's also the only ability in the game that can make your killing animation suddenly not count.
---
XBL GT: ReptileAssassin. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emerl18
#6XxXZero0oXxXPosted 2/5/2013 8:34:25 PM
Edgemaster70000 posted...
It does literally everything for you except actually pressing X/B. It's also the only ability in the game that can make your killing animation suddenly not count.

We don't press B anymore either. lol Just saying.

And according to some people that's just lag. Not the lack of a delay on the smoke or anything like that. Lol

Also, I'm not saying it's broken. The insta-smoke is my only problem with it in AC3. Other than that, I think it's fine the way it is.
---
GT: XxXZero0oXxX
#7HakeemTheDreamPosted 2/5/2013 8:57:42 PM
That would be a result of lag. The smoke bomb request reaches the server before the kill request. I've seen it happen plenty of times the other way too- the smoke comes out, but the kill request reached the server first. If we had dedicated servers things like that wouldn't happen quite so often, but Ubi is cheap, soooo... there it is.
---
WyvernLord17
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/558836_o.gif
#8toastboy07Posted 2/6/2013 6:01:07 AM
to be more specific its just the best defensive and offensive ability. there is a reason why almost everyone has it. Its at a point where if it was taken out ALL game modes would change (probably for the better). i think everyone agrees though that they have to rely on smoke bomb in the first place because there is no other ability that works as a good defense. (god knows crowds don't work.) but if they replaced it with some ability that used for defensive purposes only i would totally dig that.
im just really tired of being offensively smoke bombed. god its boring.
#9Deadmeat20Posted 2/6/2013 9:24:42 PM
It's because virtually every instance of its usage is to replace skill. If you need to use Smoke Bombs to get that stun, then you weren't skilled to get it. If you use Smoke Bombs to land a Focus + Poison, then you were not good enough to get it on your own.

Other abilities like Firecrackers, Wipe, Tripwire Bombs, Glimmer, and many others do not guarantee a kill or stun even when used properly. You don't drop a Firecracker expecting your pursuer to stop and wait for you to stun him. You don't drop a Wipe and expect your Target to hold still and let you kill him. Every bomb ability does two of four things.

1. Halts movement
2. Stops abilities
3. Reveals players
4. Breaks locks

Money Bomb is supposed to do 1 and 3. Wipe does 2 and 3. Firecrackers does 3 and 4. Tripwire bombs does 1 and 2 (maybe 4 idk) except it has a ridiculously long activation time. What does Smoke Bombs do? ALL ****ING 4 AT ONCE! You can use a push glitch to discover players in a smokescreen, so it does 3 as well. That tells you how powerful it really is.
---
GT: Bloodredtyrant
I brainstorm with my multiple personalities.
#10BayouJoePosted 2/7/2013 4:01:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]