So how is the smoke bomb broken?

#11BayouJoePosted 2/7/2013 4:03:57 PM
Deadmeat20 posted...
It's because virtually every instance of its usage is to replace skill. If you need to use Smoke Bombs to get that stun, then you weren't skilled to get it. If you use Smoke Bombs to land a Focus + Poison, then you were not good enough to get it on your own.

Other abilities like Firecrackers, Wipe, Tripwire Bombs, Glimmer, and many others do not guarantee a kill or stun even when used properly. You don't drop a Firecracker expecting your pursuer to stop and wait for you to stun him. You don't drop a Wipe and expect your Target to hold still and let you kill him. Every bomb ability does two of four things.

1. Halts movement
2. Stops abilities
3. Reveals players
4. Breaks locks

Money Bomb is supposed to do 1 and 3. Wipe does 2 and 3. Firecrackers does 3 and 4. Tripwire bombs does 1 and 2 (maybe 4 idk) except it has a ridiculously long activation time. What does Smoke Bombs do? ALL ****ING 4 AT ONCE! You can use a push glitch to discover players in a smokescreen, so it does 3 as well. That tells you how powerful it really is.

WTF?
---
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."
#12HakeemTheDreamPosted 2/7/2013 7:06:33 PM
So if you are going to be rush killed, you should just stand by and take it, right? If I drop a smoke bomb and stun you... I knew you were there. I caught you. You didn't approach well enough. I'm sorry, but I'm not just going to lie down and get killed if I have a way out. Plus, smoke bomb is weaker now than it has ever been! It can be countered by:

-Baiting (many, many ways to do this, including knife and firecracker baiting, but a simple feint will often do the trick)
-Aerial/Acrobatic kills
-Animus Shield
-Wipe
-Gun (ew)

Not to mention the huge drawbacks of using it, like lunge dodging and it's huge monstrosity of a cooldown.
---
Your madness! How it shines like a beacon!
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/558836_o.gif
#13toastboy07Posted 2/7/2013 7:40:06 PM
no ones saying you have to stand and take it. Im just saying it smokebomb is a lame way of doing it. the thing is you dont HAVE to know who it is you just need to wait until someone gets close enough and then drop it. if it had a moment before it activated then it would probably be better. aside from being the best defense i think the problem i have and what other people have is that its the best OFFENSIVE ability. its hard enough to hide in crowds that its almost not worth it. the last thing i need is for someone to throw a smoke bomb at me walk in and poison me for over 1000 points.

and i know what this is going to turn into. "well just use animus shield and you will be fine." well its nice but its no answer to smoke bomb. the first problem is YOU HAVE A GIANT GOD DAMN RING AROUND YOU. so throw out all elements of stealth out the window and now everyone knows what you have. the next thing is the cool down takes JUST as long as smoke bomb anyway so especially if your in a team mode your not going to have NEARLY enough to stop the onslaught of smoke bombs thrown at you because you can only block one (unless otherwise crafted at the cost of your cool down).

but you gotta agree its the strongest ability that can be used instantly for a quick escape from danger and NO OTHER ABILITY is as effective. but you said smoke bomb is weaker now. it feels the same to me, what did they do to weaken it?
#14HakeemTheDreamPosted 2/7/2013 9:57:29 PM
but you gotta agree its the strongest ability that can be used instantly for a quick escape from danger and NO OTHER ABILITY is as effective. but you said smoke bomb is weaker now. it feels the same to me, what did they do to weaken it?

Well sure it's the best ability, but by no means is it broken.

As I previously touched on, there are plenty of counters to smoke bomb that hurt it. In addition:

-The base cooldown is 100 seconds. The lowest this can get is 70 seconds, but that's with a perk and two crafting points.
-Speaking of the Overall Cooldowns perk, it was nerfed to prevent people from having smoke every life.
-Its vertical range was reduced, so that a smoke bomb thrown at the ground won't knock people off of low perches (think the fences in boston north end).
---
Your madness! How it shines like a beacon!
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/558836_o.gif
#15Revelation34Posted 2/8/2013 4:43:00 PM
Deadmeat20 posted...
It's because virtually every instance of its usage is to replace skill. If you need to use Smoke Bombs to get that stun, then you weren't skilled to get it. If you use Smoke Bombs to land a Focus + Poison, then you were not good enough to get it on your own.

Other abilities like Firecrackers, Wipe, Tripwire Bombs, Glimmer, and many others do not guarantee a kill or stun even when used properly. You don't drop a Firecracker expecting your pursuer to stop and wait for you to stun him. You don't drop a Wipe and expect your Target to hold still and let you kill him. Every bomb ability does two of four things.

1. Halts movement
2. Stops abilities
3. Reveals players
4. Breaks locks

Money Bomb is supposed to do 1 and 3. Wipe does 2 and 3. Firecrackers does 3 and 4. Tripwire bombs does 1 and 2 (maybe 4 idk) except it has a ridiculously long activation time. What does Smoke Bombs do? ALL ****ING 4 AT ONCE! You can use a push glitch to discover players in a smokescreen, so it does 3 as well. That tells you how powerful it really is.

This post covers it.
---
Gamertag: Kegfarms