necessary to use the convoy system?

#1BB52700Posted 2/8/2013 9:24:21 AM
im in sequence 6, and it seems like there's no real benefit to it. I can sell my stuff directly to shops without having to pay a tax, and without hte risk of having my convoy destroyed when im too far away to do anything about it. Is there an advantage to it im not seeing?
---
I do the best Chewbacca impression EVER!
#2gobuffalo30Posted 2/8/2013 12:41:24 PM
Convoys give you more money and you can pick the highest bidder. However, money in this game is almost negligible.
#3BayouJoePosted 2/8/2013 3:17:06 PM
I don't do convoys either, currently have 128,000.
---
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."
#4Dragon NexusPosted 2/8/2013 3:59:20 PM
Gain control of cities and the tax is removed completely and the risk is neglegable. You ear more money using a convoy, especially a naval convoy, than if you sold directly to the store, plus you can be getting on with stuff while your stuff sells itself.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#5SheepinatorPosted 2/8/2013 5:18:18 PM
You get a lot of money selling skins, especially via the naval convoy. It isn't something you need to do all the time though, I mean if you do some, plus level up your recruits, you'll be able to buy everything in the game including all weapons before the end. For the same reason it isn't worth your time finding it in the frontier when it's under attack. Just let it go.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#6BB52700(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 9:20:27 PM
How do you open up stores for convoy trading? ive found 2 so far, and bought and sold in both, but still only one is available when I send a convoy. thanks for the other insights, I'll definitely keep them in mind
---
#7Dragon NexusPosted 2/8/2013 9:35:03 PM
How do you open up stores for convoy trading?

Just find them. There are 3 general stores on each map and at least one won't show up until you're within a few feet of it.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#8SheepinatorPosted 2/8/2013 9:35:09 PM
There are 9 stores to find, easier to Google for a map. You can also use the one in the main house in the homestead. Also you can craft more convoys and more capacity.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#9BB52700(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 1:41:24 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
How do you open up stores for convoy trading?

Just find them. There are 3 general stores on each map and at least one won't show up until you're within a few feet of it.

I have found all 3 in the Frontier and in Boston, but the one in North Boston still isnt open for convoys. with the others, they were available as soon as I walked in. glitch maybe?
---
#10gobuffalo30Posted 2/9/2013 3:06:42 PM
It's possible. I think some didn't open until later, even after a trade. But the frontier store and New York stores didn't have a problem later for me.