Connor Question.

#1IdzimanPosted 2/8/2013 9:05:41 PM
Is it just me, or did Connor seem like a little b****? It seemed like in all the ACIII trailers that he was an honorable man fighting for his people and freedom. Yet, he repeatedly goes against the assassins' tennents. Anyone else feel like Connor was their least favorite AC protagonist?
---
---
The only battle you truly lose is the one you run away from.
#2OfDestinyPosted 2/8/2013 9:44:40 PM
Well, it's been discussed at large and certainly Connor is almost everyone's least favorite assassin.
I think that the problem is that in the trailers they showed EVERYTHING Connor was capable of and... that was it. Mind you, I enjoyed it (I particularly liked being able to play as the father first and then all the different ages of Connor) but the game didn't really live up to the trailers... or rather, Connor's personality didn't live up to the trailers. Which was a real pity.
#3HagielPosted 2/9/2013 3:25:58 AM
Idziman posted...
It seemed like in all the ACIII trailers that he was an honorable man fighting for his people and freedom. Yet, he repeatedly goes against the assassins' tennents.

And that's exactly what he does so... your point?

About the Creed... First, Achilles never thought him the tenets (because Achilles just doesn't like the brotherhood anymore for reasons that are never explained)
Secondly Connors follows them of his own:

1. "Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent" Connor repeatedly tries even to spare his templar targets let alone messengers whom he just tries to talk to

2. "Hide in plain sight" Well a BATTLEFIELD is as plain in sight as it gets

3. "Never compromise the brotherhood" Well there is not much except for Achilles and the six assassin recruits but they were never harmed because of Connor

so I say he follows the creed even though it wasn't told him.

Idziman posted...
Anyone else feel like Connor was their least favorite AC protagonist?

I like Connor just as much as Altair and Ezio, so no :-)
---
It's so much easier to see the world in black and white. Gray? I don't know what to do with gray.
Garrus Vakarian
#4xXsabbathXxPosted 2/9/2013 8:12:30 AM
Connor was too caught up in his emotions to be an assassin, Ezio was too but Mario taught Ezio the ways an assassin lived and helped shape Ezio for the journey that was to come.

Achilles pretty much just told Connor "These are the bad guys we are supposed to hate, kill all of them" Nothing else was really taught professionally via Assassin-to-Assassin like Ezio and Mario.

Then Connor only has 2 emotions in this game:Anger and Dull,Mono-tone Robot. Connor was reckless and irresponsible. And it didnt help the that the fact that Connor couldnt say 2 sentences without talking about "His people" and how he needs to save them. 4 out of 5 of all his lines are all talking about his native-american tribe.

But he was still young, maybe as he grows older he too will learn the way to become a master assassin. Such as Ezio did in his own sequels(Brotherhood&Revelations)
#5BayouJoePosted 2/9/2013 10:52:43 AM
Conner is arrogant and immature, he just needs to grow up a bit.
---
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."