Heh, Hypocrites...

#1Bloodlines1191Posted 2/9/2013 2:15:19 AM
After the reveal that Connor will not be in the next Assassin's Creed. Ubi's facebook, Tumblr and Youtube are in an uproar for it. The same people who hated him and bashed him are standing up for him (can't say the same for Tumblr, from what I hear they always had a pretty good fanbase for Connor).

This was taken from a ubi forum user named FirestarLuva.

Gawds! I went on Tumlr, Youtube and Ubi's facebook for five minutes...wish I hadn't. There's real RAGE going on in there. People are actually planning attacks on Ubi, spamming their facebook, twitter, even phoning them. Some are even preparing surveys, others are writing poems, drawings, fanfics. And this is how Ubi responded to all of this;

10:28pm
Ubisoft
"Thanks so much for sharing your feedback around this Indy! We really appreciate it and we have seen this incredible love for Connor all over the internet! At this stage, no decisions have been made around another Assassin’s Creed game, but stay tuned to our page as we’ll be sure to let you know as soon as something is confirmed! Thanks."

THEY WHY U NO MAKE ANOTHER CONNOR GAME UBI!

Truth be told, I'm still trying to accept it. And is pissed at the at the fanbase for it. Then again I can't change their opinions. I try to go with "What If" but I really liked Connor but I just can't. I guess we may or may not have more Ezio/Haytham clones.
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#2HagielPosted 2/9/2013 3:04:48 AM
While I really like Connor I'm not sure what you could do now storywise:

the problems with the slaves are resolved 100 years later, to late for Connor.

Open war is in my opinion not secretive enough for assassins at least not if they do it like ACIII and send him to the battlefield, so schemes in the back like the Ezio-trilogy would be best and i'm sure there were a lot of schemes after the power vacuum the British left. But why should Connor help those a******?

His tribe just went to Canada and I can't remember there being much conflict until decades later where Connor would be nearly 60 and nothing changed in that war and it would be war again

French revolution? It would be hard for Connor to communicate since I don't think that he speaks french and his native-american background would be wasted.

So I would like to see another game with Connor (but I think two are enough, I really wouldn't have needed Revelations) but as I said I'm sceptical regarding the plot.
---
It's so much easier to see the world in black and white. Gray? I don't know what to do with gray.
Garrus Vakarian
#3Hash062Posted 2/9/2013 6:49:41 AM
Oh ****. That means like 2 more spinoffs that weren't planned and a 3-year delay before a next assassin.

Damn you guys, must you really love so much anything they shove down your throat? Have some criteria, kids. No wonder this sells like mad.
#4ALLENO31Posted 2/9/2013 6:56:56 AM
the only things i liked about AC3 was the assassin outfits and naval missions
---
if you want to join the Bar With No Name just PM me :)
http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s464/ALLENO31/A7l71fNCYAEJDA9.jpg
#5xXsabbathXxPosted 2/9/2013 8:04:01 AM
Maybe people are trying to give connor another chance and want to see if another game can show how connor full develops as an assassin and turns more "Like-able"

Cant say its the same for Ezio, i liked him already in AC2. Same goes for altair and he only had 1 game and i liked him in it.
#6ZimmygunnarPosted 2/9/2013 10:50:05 AM
People didn't like Ezio when he first came out either, but Ubisoft gave him extra games to develop his character and now people love him. I wouldn't mind seeing more of Connor, personally.
---
GT: romertremor http://i.imgur.com/jcW29.gif
Pawn - Donovan/Sorcerer
#7ALLENO31Posted 2/9/2013 12:09:38 PM
Its just what else can they have him do?

go to london to kill the templars that sent haytham?
---
#8ZimmygunnarPosted 2/9/2013 12:36:59 PM
ALLENO31 posted...

That sounds like a good idea, actually.
---
GT: romertremor http://i.imgur.com/jcW29.gif
Pawn - Donovan/Sorcerer
#9ALLENO31Posted 2/9/2013 12:53:08 PM
Zimmygunnar posted...
ALLENO31 posted...

That sounds like a good idea, actually.

wow thanks lol
---
#10DeftallicaPosted 2/9/2013 3:55:00 PM
I don't see the big issue. Altair is my favorite AC character and he only got one (full) game. If Connor's story is finished, it's finished. We'll get a new lead protagonist who'll hopefully have more personality.
---
GT: Deftallica
SC2: Deftallica Code: 529