The quality of the game goes straight to hell in sequence 7. Does it get better?

#1Solis_InvictusPosted 2/10/2013 3:39:48 PM
So I've just made my way through the most obnoxious video game experience I've encountered in a while. I'm going for 100% synch, and that mission that required you to kill air kill a grenadier undetected on a ship full of redcoats who literally have eyes in the back of their heads was ridiculous. All of a sudden enemies can detect you when you make a silent kill behind them, and SEE THROUGH SOLID OBJECTS. After finally, finally getting that crappy mission out of the way, I get to Sequence 8, and...

More of the same nonsense. I had to redo the entire first part several times because the game would glitch out and not give me the objective completion for doing a mobile eavesdropping even if I stayed close and didn't get caught. I would also have to rely on one of them not getting confused and walking around in a tiny circle, instantly detecting me. Pain in the ass. Now I'm chasing Thomas, and I'm not allowed to shove anyone?! Of course, Connor, when you're chasing murderous criminals through the streets manners are of the utmost importance! Speaking of murder, just shooting Thomas results in a failure as well. I see I'm supposed to tackle him, but even on the rare occasion when I catch up to him I don't get any kind of prompt to do so.

I feel like the playtesters only made it through sequence 6 or something. The game has been very good up until just now, but this is getting ridiculous. Are the future 100% synch missions this reliant on good glitches randomly happening and bad glitches not randomly happening? I really don't feel like spending what little time off I have slogging through this section of the game if it never gets good again.
#2DeftallicaPosted 2/10/2013 5:33:38 PM
I gave up on 100% synchronization a long time ago. I'd like the achievement, but it's not worth pulling my hair out.
---
GT: Deftallica
SC2: Deftallica Code: 529
#3Solis_Invictus(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 7:03:29 PM
Are the later missions harder in terms of full synch? They were challenging yet reasonable and fun up until recently.
#4Rob_IndahoodPosted 2/10/2013 11:53:48 PM
100 sync challenges haven't been "fun" since Brotherhood...
---
GT: Warhound07
#5CoontemptusPosted 2/11/2013 1:04:47 AM
Every mission is very easy to get 100% sync on.

The only two exceptions are the one where you have to destroy 3 powder stores on the ships, and the one you listed about air assassination on the ship.

If you do the ship in the right order, its actually very easy and repeatable. If the enemies are hearing you and seeing you, stop doing it that way :). Poison darts and arrows can be helpful there, as well as the fact that if an enemies sees you, you aren't detected. They have to actually fill their red bar and initiate combat. On the right side ship you don't even have to kill a single person! And the left ship can be cleared with a single dart and quick running.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#6HELLWOLF06Posted 2/11/2013 5:52:40 AM
but which side is teh left side?

are talking about the ships from the perspective of bunker hill or are tlaking about them from behind them where the guns arn't firing death
---
Try to find Gamefaqs http://xkcd.com/802_large/
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h474/BunnySock/mabinogi_2012_07_10_001.jpg
#7CoontemptusPosted 2/11/2013 8:16:51 PM
As you're swimming towards them.

Just climb up the back of the ship, throw one guy off, run towards the objective, interact, (this resets their suspicion meter too I believe) then run back the way you came.

Very easy.

For the other ship, you climb around the back, throw off the patrol, and then use some combination of darts on one or more guys in the front, and corner assassinations and arrows to take out everyone necessary to set up a clean air assassination. Just be patient, and be aware of how much noise each action makes if you're trying to do something risky like pull the front guy off the ship without the other 2 noticing.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#8PanzerscrapPosted 2/12/2013 3:52:39 AM
There's always someone that has to comment about how easy it was for them to do things in this game, but this concept of difficulty is not often the topic. The issue is about quality: even if I can still get 100% sync on everything, there's still the issue that AC3's enemies do not play by the AC rules we've grown acustomed to over the series. In all other AC games, LOS means everything.... its how we use stealth, how we escape, how we plan our moves. In AC3, this sometimes is the case, sometimes is not.
#9CoontemptusPosted 2/12/2013 4:14:22 AM
Panzerscrap posted...
There's always someone that has to comment about how easy it was for them to do things in this game, but this concept of difficulty is not often the topic. The issue is about quality: even if I can still get 100% sync on everything, there's still the issue that AC3's enemies do not play by the AC rules we've grown acustomed to over the series. In all other AC games, LOS means everything.... its how we use stealth, how we escape, how we plan our moves. In AC3, this sometimes is the case, sometimes is not.

Things always made noise in AC games.

Even though this game is a buggy mess sometimes, 99% of the time the enemies are very predictable and they do the exact same thing every time. There is no time limit on this mission. You can experiment all you want, you can climb up and just shoot everyone with the bow if you wish. You can throw a poison dart and sprint in during the commotion. You can slowly dart the 3 guys who give you trouble if you wait for them to start pathing again. There are a million ways to do this mission, try different things and see what works for you.

And my 8 year old son thought AC3 was easy, he only died a few times completing the game straight though. Trust me, its ALL easy.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#10PanzerscrapPosted 2/12/2013 5:31:39 AM
Coontemptus posted...

Things always made noise in AC games.

Even though this game is a buggy mess sometimes, 99% of the time the enemies are very predictable and they do the exact same thing every time. There is no time limit on this mission. You can experiment all you want, you can climb up and just shoot everyone with the bow if you wish. You can throw a poison dart and sprint in during the commotion. You can slowly dart the 3 guys who give you trouble if you wait for them to start pathing again. There are a million ways to do this mission, try different things and see what works for you.

And my 8 year old son thought AC3 was easy, he only died a few times completing the game straight though. Trust me, its ALL easy.

Once again, not arguing easy. I found the game to be the easiest of the series by far, and synced all the missions I started at 100%, though admittedly lost interest after beating the story and didn't go back.

Let me illustrate my previous point with an example: In AC, AC2, ACB, and ACR, you can ledge grab a guard without alerting nearby guards as long as thier backs were turned. In AC3, you can sometimes do this. I've ledge grabbed a guy on a boat where the entire ship immediately knew, restarted the mission, performed the same move and it worked fine. I've climbed a mast or tree in a restricted area, stood in what had previously been a safe area only to have all guards stop, gather and stare at me indefinitely without raising alarm, seeing what I am doing but being outside the minimum range for an alarm to sound. Stuff like this are quality issues. No one is saying they find this game hard.