The ending is a sigh, but the Abstergo infiltration is sheer stupidity(SPOILERS)

#1CyberWrist101Posted 2/11/2013 9:29:32 AM
The ending is just that: a sigh and a weak one at that, but it doesn't remotely compare to how nonsensical and idiotic the Abstergo infiltration is and I'll count the reasons:

1.) Desmond walks in the front door.
-Desmond, an assassin, dressed like an assassin, that escaped from that very /same/ building years earlier, into a building full of Templars, who know who Desmond is and what an assassin looks like, with no backup. Why did Desmond think that would be an okay thing to do?! They already know you're coming and you walk in the front door? Not even trying to be discreet about it and compared to his earlier missions (like in Manhattan) had very little thought put into it. Time constraints or not. They it played out it's almost like they WANTED to let Desmond get captured.

2.) Abstergo LETS Desmond walk in the front door.
-They have an assassin (which they know is carrying an Apple of Eden) who's been trained in the fighting stylings of one of the greatest assassins to ever live (Ezio) and what is their defensive measure? Security guards. SECURITY GUARDS. And not even an army of them, like 10, per floor, armed with pistols and batons. A couple armed guys? Assassins take out small militias, so a few guards aren't a threat. Not even remotely. And to make matters worse, THEY HAVE TEMPLAR AGENTS TRAINED AS ASSASSINS UPSTAIRS!! Now was your chance to use them, great job wasting your time and resources though. I can see training them was well worth the time and money.

3.) Desmond takes the elevator.
-I don't have to explain this. Vidic calls Desmond out on his stupidity.

4.) Assassinating Daniel Cross.
-Everything with Cross already frustrates me. For example, I don't think any major antagonist should be introduced in any non-game media. Major characters should be introduced in the game's main canon and /expanded/ upon if needed in extra canonical material. Kai Lang in Mass Effect 3 is an example. I can decide what's more pathetic, they way the bleeding effect conveniently interrupts Cross before his killing blow on Desmond or the fact that not just /an/ assassin, but /THE/ assassin was killed in such a pathetic way with no resolution or monologue to coincide with his defeat. It's a really lazy death and I'm sitting here wondering why Cross was such a threat. He makes a good point about Desmond bringing a knife to a gunfight though, but it's not the only stupid thing Desmond did that day.

5.) Desmond takes the elevator AGAIN.
-Does Desmond not get it?! That's not going to- Oh wait, apparently it will this time? *facepalm* I'm pointing a finger at Abstergo this time.

6.) Vidic faces off with Desmond.
-Wow, how freaking stupid can you be. You ASKED him to bring the Apple, you KNEW he had it, you KNOW what it can do, and you see where that got you Vidic? It got you killed. By one of your own guards, who then kill themselves all due to the Apple's power. Real smart, the smartest even. A like how Abstergo's pioneer in the Animus program's IQ is only five points higher than that of a sack of potatoes. You killed yourself, idiot. I also love how there's no big final dialogue between Desmond and Vidic, or even with William and Vidic. He just dies, and not even directly by Desmond. Sad, pathetic, and a worthless end for a villain that's been around since game one. As a side note, I like how Desmond says "I know where he is" referring to where they're keeping his father and you automatically assume he means the Animus room you escape from in AC2, where you were kept all of AC1, in yet you get there and it's clearly not that room.... What?
---
Gamertag: SquirtleMan649
#2CyberWrist101(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 9:29:49 AM
7.) Desmond proceeds to walk out.
-No deadlocks to keep him contained, just strolls out with the Apple and his father. I'm not aware if the Apple can stop bullets, but I'm going to have to assume either it can or everyone is too d*** stupid to even try.

Everything about this sequence is just rushed and nonsensical. Didn't a group of assassins with GUNS attempt to enter Abstergo HQ years prior and couldn't even do it? Yet Desmond walks in and is SUCCESSFUL?! Ugh... just... ugh...
---
#3divot1338Posted 2/11/2013 11:55:24 AM
6. I was bothered I never got to do that before now so I like this one. Desmond probably would have known the elevator shaft was not a trap but the easiest route to his target.

7. I agree somewhat but I think that Vidic like all Templars believe that Assassins are inherently weak because of their inability to ruthlessly take what they want. I think they believe he either can't use the Apple in real world or didn't get the chance to tell Desmond that we've poisoned your father who will die unless you hand over the Apple. At this stage Desmond is a super hybrid of all-star Assassins so his choice to come is relatively safe. His decision to bring the Apple given all that, is sound as we know what it can do and that in the worst case his father dies before he can save him.

The only thing that seemed like a missed opportunity was not having the world's most intense air assassination after jumping off the crane.
---
Xbox GT: AGE Sam Sneak
#4PanzerscrapPosted 2/12/2013 4:02:02 AM
100% agree with all of your points. The only good thing about this mission was that it was better than the South America one.
#5CoontemptusPosted 2/12/2013 4:20:41 AM
I would argue that they didn't know the apple's power, as they were never able to replicate it because they didn't have anyone else who was a descendant of TWCB. Either way, the whole sequence and story is a mess.

I didn't really catch who Cross was, but I don't follow the comic books or whatever it was where he was introduced.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#6FredCat07Posted 2/12/2013 5:05:31 AM
Coontemptus posted...
I would argue that they didn't know the apple's power, as they were never able to replicate it because they didn't have anyone else who was a descendant of TWCB. Either way, the whole sequence and story is a mess.

I didn't really catch who Cross was, but I don't follow the comic books or whatever it was where he was introduced.

Cross was another Assassin, but left that group to joining Templar. However, he suffered the same fate as Subject 16, Clay, did - Bleeding Effect. Desmond handled that just fine.
---
What'the matter? Disliked my grammar?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vz0vCbdS1r1g5kzo1_500.gif
#7Pennywise380Posted 2/12/2013 8:36:14 AM
Apart from when he fell into a coma and almost died?
---
''Snake from Metal Gear 2 owns everybody. Because he used an owl. To make a guard think it was night time. In the middle of the day. That's just hardcore''
#8SesheenkuPosted 2/12/2013 9:11:12 AM
Stuff like this makes me think the sci-fi side of this game is just an excuse to make Eagle Vision and all the technology have an explanation.

Oh man how do we explain eagle vision, the hidden gun, and the apple of eden? Magical beings with the names of Roman gods!
Didn't God of War already do something like that? Nah man it's okay they used Greek gods.
---
PSPo2:Yuhika, F, VAnewman, Lv 8 (Restarted as VA) Kinzokuaijin, F, HUcast Lv 140 (HUcast is easy mode o.o) Kenju, F, RAcast Lv 13 Ryoka, F, HUbeast, Lv 51
#9dovahkiinPosted 2/12/2013 9:35:42 AM
CyberWrist101 posted...
escaped from that very /same/ building years earlier

ya know what's funny? It wasn't even years earlier. AC1 takes place in September 2012, while AC3 takes place in December 2012. so it was only a few months.
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/2e5pllh.jpg
http://hdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/korra/109/1861.jpg
#10CyberWrist101(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 8:37:18 AM
dovahkiin posted...
CyberWrist101 posted...
escaped from that very /same/ building years earlier

ya know what's funny? It wasn't even years earlier. AC1 takes place in September 2012, while AC3 takes place in December 2012. so it was only a few months.

AHH! Even worse! xC Years from my p.o.v., months in-game time.
---