Generating Income

#1maximoPosted 2/12/2013 3:05:54 AM
I am just starting Sequence 7.

I noticed I am not making any recurring income as in the previous AC games.

Is there a way to generate income?

I just upgraded the Aquilla and I don't have any money left :(
#2SeahawkerPosted 2/12/2013 3:58:00 AM
Trading and convoys. You can send out convoys from the homestead or any general store. In sequence 5 (might be 6) you have a mission that introduces you to trading and sending convoys Supplies that you can build or buy on the homestead as well as items that you acquire from hunting can be sent. It's best to raid forts to lower taxes and make it safer for your convoys to travel to different areas first. You can only send a convoy to a general store that you've been to (there's 3 in each area) that you have to visit in order to unlock them for trading. You get one automatically and can craft 2 more (you can only have 3 at a time, but if one gets destroyed you can make another) for trading. Pelts will get you the most money, with beaver and bear being the best.

Not all merchants buy for the same price so checking who is buying items for the most is something to keep in mind. You can easily get over 5-6k per convoy by choosing where to sell. It takes a little getting used to, but it's easy once you try it a few times.
---
Do you know what they call alternative medicine that's been proved to work? Medicine. ~~Tim Minchin
Feel free to add me on Xbox Live GT: Shihoku101
#3BayouJoePosted 2/12/2013 8:55:33 AM
You don't need convoys.......I had $90,000, all maps and General Store items and a fully upgraded Aquila by sequence 7. All you have to do is hunt. I spent 3 hours hunting beaver (they respawn) around that big lake in Diamond Basin in the Frontier and had my inventory maxxed out (999 is max, teeth, pelt & castorium), had to sell everything and go back and do it again, made over 50,000 with 1 full inventory. All I did was run around the southern end of the lake and chase beaver, they are slow and besides bear, bring in lots of money.
---
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."
#4gobuffalo30Posted 2/12/2013 10:55:54 AM
Yeah, you really don't need convoys in this game. I stopped selling things in the stores and I ended the game with almost $200k and still couldn't get below 200 items from Connor alone.
#5BB52700Posted 2/14/2013 7:02:59 PM
BayouJoe posted...
You don't need convoys.......I had $90,000, all maps and General Store items and a fully upgraded Aquila by sequence 7. All you have to do is hunt. I spent 3 hours hunting beaver (they respawn) around that big lake in Diamond Basin in the Frontier and had my inventory maxxed out (999 is max, teeth, pelt & castorium), had to sell everything and go back and do it again, made over 50,000 with 1 full inventory. All I did was run around the southern end of the lake and chase beaver, they are slow and besides bear, bring in lots of money.

50K for three hours work. I'm going to check my math when I get in the game later tonight, but im pretty sure you could get close to that or surpass it by killing enough beavers to fill all 3 convoys with pelts (24), and repeat that process for three hours, which would leave you free to do other things in the interim. granted, hunting is fun, but I dont think id want to spend that long on it
---
I do the best Chewbacca impression EVER!
#6BB52700Posted 2/14/2013 7:04:24 PM
Seahawker posted...
Trading and convoys. You can send out convoys from the homestead or any general store. In sequence 5 (might be 6) you have a mission that introduces you to trading and sending convoys Supplies that you can build or buy on the homestead as well as items that you acquire from hunting can be sent. It's best to raid forts to lower taxes and make it safer for your convoys to travel to different areas first. You can only send a convoy to a general store that you've been to (there's 3 in each area) that you have to visit in order to unlock them for trading. You get one automatically and can craft 2 more (you can only have 3 at a time, but if one gets destroyed you can make another) for trading. Pelts will get you the most money, with beaver and bear being the best.

Not all merchants buy for the same price so checking who is buying items for the most is something to keep in mind. You can easily get over 5-6k per convoy by choosing where to sell. It takes a little getting used to, but it's easy once you try it a few times.

and clear out the forts as well. you won't have to pay as much in taxes
---
#7BB52700Posted 2/15/2013 8:45:32 AM
BB52700 posted...
BayouJoe posted...

50K for three hours work. I'm going to check my math when I get in the game later tonight, but im pretty sure you could get close to that or surpass it by killing enough beavers to fill all 3 convoys with pelts (24), and repeat that process for three hours, which would leave you free to do other things in the interim. granted, hunting is fun, but I dont think id want to spend that long on it

yeah, convoys are the way to go. based on what I did last night, it took me 10 minutes to kill enough beavers to fill all 3 convoys with the expansion (24 total). sending those pelts via convoy earned me 12,000, so take 12,000 every 12 minutes spaced over 3 hours and you could earn roughly 180,000 over the same time frame using convoys, and the time spent actually stocking the convoys in the shop is negligible. I think this would be the best way to make money quickly
---
#8LancetJades(Moderator)Posted 2/15/2013 1:37:41 PM
If nothing else, buy beaver pelts (and maybe fox/deer) from your huntress person on Homestead, then send all of them on maxed convoys. You'll make less than if you sent your own pelts due to having to buy them initially, but sending from the stockpile is MUCH faster, and the 10 of each pelt she stocks will regenerate by the time those convoys return. One of the Frontier guys buys them for $640 apiece, so a convoy of 8 will reach nearly $5200.

Doing that while hunting beavers could be even more effective at profit, though it requires leveling up the huntress once I think, which requires the miner.

(yes, I know it's pounds, not dollars, but I don't have that symbol on my keyboard, so deal)
---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.
#9elaukaPosted 2/16/2013 11:17:12 AM
i never had a problem with money, just hunt beavers and send them on a land convoy
---
GT-Elduka1 (if you want to add me tell me your from here)