Best game ever?

#11SilentBlade797Posted 2/14/2013 6:21:08 PM
Great Game. only down point was *spolier* cliffhanger ending. *end spoiler* Not best game but still great.
#12RGPanznerPosted 2/14/2013 10:43:42 PM(edited)
I'd say a 9/10 before glitches and bugs. About 6/10 after every single map glitch and such I've encountered. Nice game I think but the glitches/bugs and the lockpicking just makes the replay value go way down.
---
XBL GT: Hippeus Omega
#13JackalfoxPosted 2/14/2013 10:45:33 PM
I vastly prefer any game from the AC2 trilogy over this buggy, unfinished, rushed game. As fun as it is, it just wasn't as good.
---
Now Playing - Pokemon HeartGold (360), Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (DS)
#14PanzerscrapPosted 2/15/2013 12:41:55 AM
I really enjoyed AC3, but its hard to believe that anyone played it without encountering glitches. I, too, DLed it to my hard drive, but I have seen plenty of small glitches, and in my save game it is impossible to finish a few things: I can't fully liberate NY since the game thinks I have to pay off one more landowner, but doesn't credit any of the landowners I do pay off, for example.

Also, the glossing over major story aspects is sometimes odd, the crafting/selling interface is clunky, and some of the mission designs leave much to be desired. Are there people who found the Paul Revere ride compelling, for starters? Or the courier missions: am I not understanding the challenge here, someone just gives my some letters and I distribute them? I don't have to find them, they appear on my map. I don't have a timer, and they aren't in hard to reach places.
#15RGPanznerPosted 2/15/2013 3:05:29 AM
Panzerscrap posted...
I really enjoyed AC3, but its hard to believe that anyone played it without encountering glitches. I, too, DLed it to my hard drive, but I have seen plenty of small glitches, and in my save game it is impossible to finish a few things: I can't fully liberate NY since the game thinks I have to pay off one more landowner, but doesn't credit any of the landowners I do pay off, for example.

Also, the glossing over major story aspects is sometimes odd, the crafting/selling interface is clunky, and some of the mission designs leave much to be desired. Are there people who found the Paul Revere ride compelling, for starters? Or the courier missions: am I not understanding the challenge here, someone just gives my some letters and I distribute them? I don't have to find them, they appear on my map. I don't have a timer, and they aren't in hard to reach places.

Let me guess on the New York liberation. Is it the Northern NY Area you can't fully liberate?
---
XBL GT: Hippeus Omega
#16zenandiPosted 2/15/2013 4:04:15 AM
The funny thing is there's nothing that makes me hate this game with a passion or love it with the same fanboyism.

It's a very good 'meh' game.
#17CrackersTheCatPosted 2/15/2013 4:00:31 PM
It wasn't anything special, but it was good. Probably my least favorite AC game, but I still liked it.
#18Lexar_Posted 2/16/2013 1:39:01 PM
I disliked this game. AI is dumb as ever, frustrating secondary objectives, glitches, some weird game design decisions, the story, although interesting and had promise, was poorly executed. Almost every side mission in the game is shallow. Only saving grace is the MP.

I'm honestly wondering why people like it so much. It doesn't seem to have anything that makes it stand out from the other games except for the combat system and the size of the world, which I found more inconvenient than anything else.
---
Government should be about cost vs. benefit. There is no room for ideology.
#19ColtonBanginPosted 2/16/2013 2:03:38 PM
When it was first released I didn't even bother with playing it because of the buggy gameplay. I waited a while for it to get patched and I'm glad I did. I really enjoy playing this game. I'm not finished with it yet but so far it's been a great experience, I really enjoy the large map and all the side missions that the game offers. Plus it's sparked an interest for the time period. All throughout school I thought the Revolutionary War was so boring, but this game has made me see how interesting it really was.
#20SesheenkuPosted 2/16/2013 2:07:32 PM
Personally as a regular game without comparing it to the series it's good. However when I look back this game is more than just a disappointment to me, it's almost disgraceful.

The game is a linear string of cut scenes leading to a lack luster conclusion and a final enemy that you don't even get to press a button to stab.

It returns to the repetitive roots of the first game with constant similar missions (walk here with this guy sneak around that guy with this guy... let's add Eavesdropping back to top it all off!) except UNLIKE the first game they removed all freedom in Assassinations, if you don't follow the script you get desynchronized.

For the sake of making the game more cinematic they removed what made this series great, choice, freedom, and the lack of heavily scripted and restrictive gameplay, now of course AC3 has heavily scripted missions and a lack of choice.

It's a kick in the groin to all the excellence in the series and the main area where it truly shined. Leave the overly cinematic and heavily restrictive and scripted events to all the Final Fantasy 13 sequels and go back to being Assassins Creed again.
---
PSPo2:Yuhika, F, VAnewman, Lv 8 (Restarted as VA) Kinzokuaijin, F, HUcast Lv 140 (HUcast is easy mode o.o) Kenju, F, RAcast Lv 13 Ryoka, F, HUbeast, Lv 51
More topics from this board...
High profile on default?Jazzo210229/22 9:59PM