New Assassins Creed announced, will have new character and time period

#1Blazefire_Posted 2/13/2013 2:13:28 PM(edited)
Disappointing.

I was looking forward to see Connor develop more as he finally finds someone he loves, deals with the issues of slavery and how our country should be ruled... so much potiental that could be DLC or a sequel.

Source: http://www.thetechgame.com/News/sid=4099/new-assassins-creed-announced-will-have-new-character-and-time-period.html
---
XBL GT: Lethal234
#2bobbyrkPosted 2/13/2013 2:41:47 PM
No offense, but you're about a week too late here, friend.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#3BayouJoePosted 2/13/2013 2:42:09 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/621797-assassins-creed-iii/65416108
---
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."
#4Blazefire_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 2:52:24 PM
bobbyrk posted...
No offense, but you're about a week too late here, friend.

Didn't find out until today. Still, it's dissapointing
---
XBL GT: Lethal234
#5ParanoidObsessivePosted 2/13/2013 3:30:56 PM
To be fair, a lot of people disliked the entire premise of Connor and the Revolutionary War era being the focus of ACIII, so they might have been more inclined to move on from his story than they would otherwise have been. Sort of a "let's put this behind us" sort of deal.

(as opposed to, say, Alta´r and Ezio, who are both popular enough that people want them to keep going back to them).

But realistically, each numbered game has had a new protagonist character and setting, so it's not as if it's all that surprising that a hypothetical Assassin's Creed IV would have a new protagonist anyway. It's basically what we should have been assuming all along.

---
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family
#6007sarodimPosted 2/14/2013 7:59:28 AM
ParanoidObsessive posted...
To be fair, a lot of people disliked the entire premise of Connor and the Revolutionary War era being the focus of ACIII, so they might have been more inclined to move on from his story than they would otherwise have been. Sort of a "let's put this behind us" sort of deal.

(as opposed to, say, Alta´r and Ezio, who are both popular enough that people want them to keep going back to them).

But realistically, each numbered game has had a new protagonist character and setting, so it's not as if it's all that surprising that a hypothetical Assassin's Creed IV would have a new protagonist anyway. It's basically what we should have been assuming all along.

Did you seriously just say that AC1 was popular?
---
"I prestiged 9 times alre4ady....my life is directly linked to my kdr...if it goes below 1 I explode and die" - Ol_Uncle_Gagnon
RSS - z007sarodim
#7Bloodlines1191Posted 2/14/2013 11:11:03 AM
007sarodim posted...
ParanoidObsessive posted...

Regardless of whether it was polarizing or not, it did sell well. You can't just act like it didn't exist like DMC2.
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#8ParanoidObsessivePosted 2/14/2013 4:47:50 PM
007sarodim posted...

No, I said that Alta´r was popular. Certainly more so BY FAR than Connor.

That being said, AC1 was popular. It was popular enough to rate a sequel, sold way more copies than Ubisoft expected it to (like 8 million strong), got tons of really positive reviews, won multiple awards... whether or not you LIKE it is sort of immaterial. It's popular by almost any possible metric you can use to measure popularity.

But my point was more that people liked Alta´r, and loved Ezio. Connor? He tends to engender feelings of apathy in a lot of people and feelings of outright dislike in a lot of other people (though at least some of that stems more from the setting than the character). While I'm sure there are people who love him, I doubt he's even remotely popular enough to pop up again in another game. And there certainly wasn't a chance in hell he was ever going to be the protagonist of a hypothetical AC4, even IF the series didn't go out of its way to have new protagonists in every numbered title so far.

---
#9Dr_MojoPosted 2/16/2013 12:21:08 PM
Connor's popularity (or lack thereof) had nothing to do with him not being the protag of AC:4. The next game is already in development which means Ubisoft already decided on a basic storyline, time period, and protagonist for AC4 before AC3 was even released and they found out everyone hated Connor.
#10ParanoidObsessivePosted 2/16/2013 1:04:50 PM
Dr_Mojo posted...
Connor's popularity (or lack thereof) had nothing to do with him not being the protag of AC:4. The next game is already in development which means Ubisoft already decided on a basic storyline, time period, and protagonist for AC4 before AC3 was even released and they found out everyone hated Connor.

Which is basically what I said, twice.

But Connor's popularity (or lack thereof) does affect the odds of seeing a another Brotherhood/Revelations-style game with him in it (which is probably unlikely).

---