New Assassins Creed announced, will have new character and time period

#11Dr_MojoPosted 2/16/2013 5:01:32 PM
ParanoidObsessive posted...
Dr_Mojo posted...
Connor's popularity (or lack thereof) had nothing to do with him not being the protag of AC:4. The next game is already in development which means Ubisoft already decided on a basic storyline, time period, and protagonist for AC4 before AC3 was even released and they found out everyone hated Connor.

Which is basically what I said, twice.

But Connor's popularity (or lack thereof) does affect the odds of seeing a another Brotherhood/Revelations-style game with him in it (which is probably unlikely).

You misunderstand. By "AC4" I meant the next game in the series. If history is any indication, Ubisoft had decided well before AC3 was released what the story and protagonist of the next installment in the series would be. The fact that they have already announced the next installment would be in a new era means they never intended on having any Connor sequels in the first place.
#12afrodude77Posted 2/16/2013 6:14:22 PM
Man I wanted to see him develop a romance with Dobbs and maybe free a slave and initiate him into the order
---
We are the Lin Kuei, more stealthy than the night, more deadly than the dawn!
---
#13gitchy42Posted 2/17/2013 1:02:32 AM
In all reality, the new game could still "star" Connor. The report only says that the new installment will have a new character and a new time period.

They will presumably replace Desmond...although, they technically don't have to. Perhaps this will be the new character?

How far into the future do we have to go to be in a new "time period"? I assume that the development of the Constitution and the election of Washington would be considered part of the same time period. But what about the War of 1812?

Perhaps it will be set during the US Civil War, or one of the World Wars.

There is also the possibility that they will be abandoning the animus altogether, and we will be playing an assassin in the "modern era".
#14CoontemptusPosted 2/17/2013 6:34:10 AM
gitchy42 posted...
In all reality, the new game could still "star" Connor. The report only says that the new installment will have a new character and a new time period.

They will presumably replace Desmond...although, they technically don't have to. Perhaps this will be the new character?

How far into the future do we have to go to be in a new "time period"? I assume that the development of the Constitution and the election of Washington would be considered part of the same time period. But what about the War of 1812?

Perhaps it will be set during the US Civil War, or one of the World Wars.

There is also the possibility that they will be abandoning the animus altogether, and we will be playing an assassin in the "modern era".

Asia is most likely, although I heard the French revolution was confirmed as the setting on another site.

Also, no reason they need to go forward in time. They can always go back. I think a more modern game could be done if they did it right, but I don't think they want you running around with revolvers and stuff.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
More topics from this board...
Nine men's morris problemNairel227/22 12:34PM