Fort Independence (Boston) not marked on map?

#1LancetJades(Moderator)Posted 2/16/2013 6:32:21 PM
So Fort Independence (the one in the southwest section of Boston) isn't marked with a marker on my map. The other forts in Boston and Frontier are marked, however.

Is this some sort of glitch, or does the map marker not appear until later? I'm at the start of sequence 6.
---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.
#2SeahawkerPosted 2/17/2013 12:03:33 AM
Have you tried running along the western coastline of Boston? I do that to get a basic outline of each area (kinda like completing the border of a puzzle first) to know where to explore to fill in the rest of the map. I just completed it in sequence 6 so it should appear on your map.
---
Do you know what they call alternative medicine that's been proved to work? Medicine. ~~Tim Minchin
Feel free to add me on Xbox Live GT: Shihoku101
#3LancetJades(Topic Creator)(Moderator)Posted 2/17/2013 12:53:11 AM
The map is completely filled in. I did the liberation, but had discovered the fort back as Haytham (or at least as young Connor). Come to think of it, Fort Hill didn't have a liberated icon originally (as young Connor), but now it does. It gained the icon at the start of sequence 6.
---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.
#4LancetJades(Topic Creator)(Moderator)Posted 2/18/2013 12:58:43 AM
Bumping to see if anyone else knows what's up. I'd also be curious if anyone actually has Fort Independence (Liberated) on their map at all. It's the one in the southwest of Boston, not the eastern corner.
---
Lost, but not forgotten.
#5LancetJades(Topic Creator)(Moderator)Posted 2/20/2013 10:12:34 PM(edited)
Well, I figured it out!

Fast travel points in liberated forts don't appear until you spend several seconds standing around the center of the fort (or wherever in the fort the fast travel icon is centered on). So just sort of loiter around inside the fort until you see the icon appear.

Sometimes the icon won't stay on the map permanently until you've fast traveled to it, though. So when it appears, immediately fast travel to it and it should be permanently marked. If it disappears when you leave, just go back and it'll re-appear.

Hope this'll help people who worry that the icons glitched out on them.
---
Lost, but not forgotten.
More topics from this board...
Nine men's morris problemNairel227/22 12:34PM