So, I've figured out why the Ezio robe DLC is so bizarre.

#1KhazemiPosted 3/2/2013 12:12:07 PM
The stiff, monochrome cape, the odd papery quality of the leg-stuck robes, the way his hood doesn't have the red inner lining and the fact that it includes the brown spaulder and single hidden blade......

It's taken not from Ezio, but from the level 10 Assassin recruits.

I realized this when playing Brotherhood a few days ago and seeing the recruits and how their robes were identical to the Ezio DLC robe in III.

I'm not sure why they would use them for it.

Discuss.
---
http://www.tvtropes.org Terribly sorry for ruining your life.
#2xXsabbathXxPosted 3/2/2013 12:19:20 PM
Because they hate us players trying to look like bad asses, like how instead of just using the already created Aquilla outfit (Worn on Privateer missions) for free roam. Ubisoft makes a whole new uglier "Captain of the Aquilla" Variant just because they didnt want to allow us to pull off a Captain pirate look on free roam. I look like a friggin Pilgrim.

Also i didnt really ever wear the Ezio robes because honestly i was tired of seeing ezio :\ .
#3Khazemi(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 4:29:02 PM
I hated that too. The regular Captain outfit was the best thing ever, and the one they offered up is totally irrelevant to it and also a complete bloody eyesore.
---
http://www.tvtropes.org Terribly sorry for ruining your life.
#4Kooler2006Posted 3/7/2013 7:51:42 PM
Haytham outfit woulda been boss!

That or the very first native outfit kid Connor wears while you play hide n seek. I actually liked that one a lot
#5Kooler2006Posted 3/7/2013 7:52:47 PM
Khazemi posted...
The stiff, monochrome cape

my biggest reason for disliking Ezio's outfits(except for revelations. loved the grey outfit)
#6SesheenkuPosted 3/7/2013 9:36:10 PM
The truly bad part is that they didn't fit it to Connor's size and Connor is beefier than Ezio so the clothes look too tight and the hood is too small.

All the previous Assassins regular armor and Connor's have a hood that covers half of their face, but Ezio's Brotherhood robes are too small to do this so it makes the Assassin look odd. There's just something badass about the Assassins when you can't see their eyes.
---
PSPo2:Yuhika, F, VAnewman, Lv 8 (Restarted as VA) Kinzokuaijin, F, HUcast Lv 140 (HUcast is easy mode o.o) Kenju, F, RAcast Lv 13 Ryoka, F, HUbeast, Lv 51
#7Pennywise380Posted 3/8/2013 4:56:49 PM
Sesheenku posted...
The truly bad part is that they didn't fit it to Connor's size and Connor is beefier than Ezio so the clothes look too tight and the hood is too small.

All the previous Assassins regular armor and Connor's have a hood that covers half of their face, but Ezio's Brotherhood robes are too small to do this so it makes the Assassin look odd. There's just something badass about the Assassins when you can't see their eyes.

I think you mean the hood is too big. If it was small, it would be covering his eyes. As it stands, it's so big that you can his low-resolution hair painted directly onto his scalp underneath it during the cutscenes.

Still, I appreciate having it and wear it on occasion.
---
''Snake from Metal Gear 2 owns everybody. Because he used an owl. To make a guard think it was night time. In the middle of the day. That's just hardcore''
More topics from this board...
Nine men's morris problemNairel227/22 12:34PM