100% synch in missions, good or bad?

#1Lexar_Posted 3/2/2013 9:21:16 PM(edited)
"100% synch", good or bad? - Results (54 votes)
Good
46.3% (25 votes)
Bad
53.7% (29 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I've always thought it was a mistake ever since it was added in AC:B, and it's one of the few complaints gameplay-wise I have about that game.

It just takes a lot of the enjoyment out of missions for me, because it becomes something very hard to ignore, optional or not, and I always get a bad taste in my mouth when I complete a mission without doing the optional objective. But even when I do finish with 100% synch, it isn't particularly satisfying either. Not to mention the "be stealthy" objectives are often a complete joke and have made me rage a good couple of times. I found AC2 more fun than the newer ACs because you could screw around during missions and do them however you wanted, as long as you got the job done.

The AC series has been criticized for being too easy, but I don't think having optional objectives is the solution.
---
Government should be about cost vs. benefit. There is no room for ideology.
#2bobbyrkPosted 3/2/2013 9:31:12 PM
Yeah, I don't care for it either, especially this over-complication of it that they did in AC3. I mean, conceptually, sure, it's a nice way to try and add some difficulty to the series, but... it's false difficulty at best.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#3atk2009Posted 3/3/2013 12:12:22 AM
I think they're okay since they added compatibility with checkpoints in AC3 (tank mission from AC:B anyone?) My only problem with them is that they need to carefully decide when "Don't get detected" is a reasonable objective when combined with other optional objectives. It's no fun trying to stay undetected and air assassinate a Grenadier on a boat full of alert sixth-sense guards.
---
Proud collector of all collectibles without the use of a guide in: Assassin's Creed 1, AC2, AC:B, AC:R, AC3, Crackdown, inFamous1&2
XBL & PSN: tkarenko
#4awsomemanspiffPosted 3/3/2013 1:26:53 PM
Yeah can't say I care for them. They get rid of the whole "each person could have a different play style" and instead everyone is doing everything the way the game is telling them to do it.
---
Favorite shows:Arrested development and firefly.
If you're a Christian you're cool. If you're not you're still cool I don't care.
#5FBlade24Posted 3/4/2013 9:28:13 AM
atk2009 posted...
I It's no fun trying to stay undetected and air assassinate a Grenadier on a boat full of alert sixth-sense guards.

Speak for yourself. I replayed that mission over quite a few times as it's easily one of my favorites. There are several ways to pass that objective without being detected.
---
1 to 0
#6CoontemptusPosted 3/4/2013 1:45:21 PM
atk2009 posted...
I think they're okay since they added compatibility with checkpoints in AC3 (tank mission from AC:B anyone?) My only problem with them is that they need to carefully decide when "Don't get detected" is a reasonable objective when combined with other optional objectives. It's no fun trying to stay undetected and air assassinate a Grenadier on a boat full of alert sixth-sense guards.

Sounds like a PEBKAC error to me.

Anyway, sometimes the objectives add something to the mission, and sometimes they are an annoyance that adds nothing.

This game just needs a difficulty toggle that makes everyone happy.

You could have 4 difficulty options:

1. Brain Dead Easy (current difficulty): You don't need to do any secondary objectives to complete any missions. Guards are very easy and can't kill you unless you put down the controller, and you can easily take on 20+ men and survive without taking a hit using any weapon you choose. No changes from the current game, basically.

2. Normal: Guards are actually dangerous, and in packs you will almost always die without outside help (smoke bombs to escape or calling all your assassins). You only take a few hits before dying, enemies are much more aggressive and don't just stand in line waiting for their chance to be counterkilled. Secondary objectives are sometimes enforced (such as staying undetected) but none of the elaborate or abstract objectives are required to complete the mission.

3. Hard: Guards are even more aggressive, do even more damage, and call a lot more backup when you are detected. All secondary objectives must be completed for each mission.

4. Insane/Professional/Inferno/European Extreme/Whatever: Almost all melee hits kill you or take you right next to dying. Enemies are extremely aggressive and will constantly attack you when they are near to you. Gunshots and other explosions will bring all guards within 100 yards to your position. All secondary objectives must be completed for each mission.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
More topics from this board...
High profile on default?Jazzo210229/22 9:59PM