The weakest game in the AC series is still among the best games out there

#1Xeno_PredatorPosted 3/6/2013 6:35:18 AM
Agree or Disagree? - Results (146 votes)
Agree
60.27% (88 votes)
Disagree
39.73% (58 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I have played all AC titles to date and is currently going through 3. All have entertained me greatly, keep me engaged on the story, and are all high quality compared to many games out there. I understand some people "hate" some entries but seriously, if you hate it so much please do us all a favour and stop playing, don't buy AC games, and play other games that you like instead. Nobody is forcing you to buy them.
---
Genius has its limitations. Ignorance has none.
#2JohnRyan1228Posted 3/6/2013 9:27:38 AM
I wouldn't call ac1 one of the best out there, no
---
If I ever cared about what you had to say, I'd stick a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes.
#3SLucky23Posted 3/6/2013 10:19:18 AM
Agree. I actually just stated this in a another topic yesterday.
#4Lexar_Posted 3/6/2013 2:09:23 PM
I got AC3 for free, so no money lost. I would've been sorely disappointed had I spent $60 on it. The series is decent though, if going downhill IMO.
---
Government should be about cost vs. benefit. There is no room for ideology.
#5TrikekunPosted 3/12/2013 4:17:57 PM
Assassin's Creed 1 is a terrible game by any standards, so no.
---
Call me Trike.
#6bobbyrkPosted 3/12/2013 4:28:14 PM
Trikekun posted...

No.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#7SwtorN00bPosted 3/12/2013 4:42:49 PM
I guess people like playing a milked to death series.
#8roguebotPosted 3/12/2013 5:10:33 PM
A game can still be good and fun without being a legit GOTY candidate.
#9TrikekunPosted 3/13/2013 4:17:01 AM
bobbyrk posted...
Trikekun posted...

No.

Yes. Unless you just rush through the main story. All the sidequests are garbage that unlock almost nothing but achievements. The main mechanics aren't exactly well polished either. Not to mention the game is repetitive as hell. Yes, it did introduce some cool mechanics and have a cool story, but besides the story the game is garbage. If the story is the only good part of the game, then the game itself is not good.

But feel free to go ahead and say "no" again.
---
Call me Trike.
#10Bloodlines1191Posted 3/13/2013 4:29:03 AM
Trikekun posted...
bobbyrk posted...
Trikekun posted...

No.

Yes. Unless you just rush through the main story. All the sidequests are garbage that unlock almost nothing but achievements. The main mechanics aren't exactly well polished either. Not to mention the game is repetitive as hell. Yes, it did introduce some cool mechanics and have a cool story, but besides the story the game is garbage. If the story is the only good part of the game, then the game itself is not good.

But feel free to go ahead and say "no" again.

Except the fact that it's only polarizing by many and well-received by critics. At the end of the day, it's your opinion. You can't just say it's bad as fact. Because guess what? I love AC1 and I think it did the Assassin aspect right. Alot of people like the later games because it gives more things to do and introduces new aspects. Look what happened? Got so bad that ACR had Tower Defense and AC3 was more linear and a few side missions were fetch quests. Only good ones where Homestead, Frontiersmen and Boston Brawlers I believe.

AC4: BF is bring AC1 elements back and I like that. The only things I don't like is how they opted for another Ezio clone with slight tweaks as well as the setting.
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper