The weakest game in the AC series is still among the best games out there

#21TrikekunPosted 3/15/2013 3:38:29 PM
Pennywise380 posted...
Trikekun posted...
Also generally people play the whole game rather than just parts of it.

You're doing it again. How do you know how people 'generally play games'? You're presenting your own opinion as if it applies to the entire gaming community.

Trikekun posted...
The only problem is in this one they are encouraged without reward.

Actually, the side quests in this game provide a lot more in the way of rewards than most of the previous games in the AC series, even if they are a lot more bland. Most of the missions have never rewarded the player beyond paying out a sum of florins/pounds, and finding the collectibles tends to only give the player some item which is worse than alternatives obtainable without collecting them (e.g. the Condottiero War Hammer from AC2 was worse than the Sword of Altair, the Borgia Cape in Brotherhood did exactly the same thing as the Auditore Cape).

In this game, the collectibles unlock missions (Peg Leg Trinkets) and outfits (Feathers) that are otherwise unobtainable. Finishing Captain Kidd's Letters gives you a 50% chance of immunity to gunfire, which is rather different from the 'ultimate armours' of the previous games that just added a couple of extra health squares to the best armours available at the smithy.

This is not a game like Call of Duty or Mario Party where there are very specific modes that people play way more than the other. Yes, I am willing to make the generalization that people play these games for the whole package rather than specific parts. Just as how I comfortable saying no one is buying Grand Theft Auto as racing game.

Also I was not talking about Assassin's Creed III. Although yes, this is the board for the game, the discussion was about the first in the series. I agree that this game's sidequests offer greater rewards than prior games and give you incentives. The first game's sidequests, however, were time wasters.

@Hagiel

Reading through your last two posts, I feel I must apologize. Although I never once accused you of having mental disabilities, you claim that I said such a thing. This is beyond false. But after reading your recent responses you do have a certain air about you, and I am sorry that if I am apparently playing into your insecurities. The fact (and yes, this I am stating as a fact) that everything needs to be laid out so simply and bluntly in order for you to understand it is not something that I wish to abide by. Most people can infer what I mean from my words, but clearly you cannot(no, infer is not a mental disability). So I can not continue this conversation with you, unfortunately.

So I bid you adieu, and I hope that one day you can accurately read and understand words. In the meantime, please enjoy Assassin's Creed 1, a mediocre game with good ideas that (and you'll love this), is factually the worst main game in the series going by the average review score.

Cheers.
---
Call me Trike.
#22HagielPosted 3/17/2013 4:39:16 AM
Trikekun posted...
@Hagiel

Although I never once accused you of having mental disabilities, you claim that I said such a thing. This is beyond false.

Trikekun posted...
I clearly did not speak for everyone, you would have to be crazy or inept to interpret it that way.

q.e.d.

You should think about what you write BEFORE you do it, because you have to stand by it and cannot just pretend you didn't write it later on :-D
By the way how often must I point out things to you you yourself wrote until you get that you're the one who wrote them? It's tiring.

Trikekun posted...
But after reading your recent responses you do have a certain air about you, and I am sorry that if I am apparently playing into your insecurities. The fact (and yes, this I am stating as a fact) that everything needs to be laid out so simply and bluntly in order for you to understand it is not something that I wish to abide by. Most people can infer what I mean from my words, but clearly you cannot(no, infer is not a mental disability). So I can not continue this conversation with you, unfortunately.

So I bid you adieu, and I hope that one day you can accurately read and understand words. In the meantime, please enjoy Assassin's Creed 1, a mediocre game with good ideas that (and you'll love this), is factually the worst main game in the series going by the average review score.

Cheers.

Well, the rest of your post proves, that you are incapable of a normal, polite discussion on the level of an adult, so yes, let's stop this useless conversation.

You don't comment any of my arguments, deny things you wrote, you try to insult me (very cute by the way, it was a good laugh) and make up other things ("Most people can infer what I mean from my words, but clearly you cannot" Yeah sure, that's why 4 people took a stance against you're generalizing statements and no one came to your aid... *shakes head*)

So I hope one day you think before you write so that you don't have to deny later on what you wrote and that you one day learn to read and understand words so I don't have to repeat myself all the time.
Have a nice day.
---
It's so much easier to see the world in black and white. Gray? I don't know what to do with gray.
Garrus Vakarian
#23IdzimanPosted 3/29/2013 8:45:24 AM
Trikekun posted...
Assassin's Creed 1 is a terrible game by any standards, so no.

To be fair, it came out in 2007. Thats 6 years ago. Its easy to see something that old, and with the "standards" of today, say its terrible. It is by no means a terrible game. And by the way, you are making generalizations based on your own opinions and feeding them to us, telling us they're fact. AC1 wasn't or isn't the best AC game, but again, it is by no means terrible at all.
---
Our lives are made by the deaths of others.