How Many Assassins ARE There After the Revolution? (Spoilers)

#1infamous888Posted 3/14/2013 1:14:00 AM
Really, after Achilles bites it, Connor's the top assassin. Are there still tiny guilds/chapters/whatever all of America, and the rest of the world? Or did Connor just miraculously bring the Assassin's from all-but-destruction?
(I never played Liberation.)
---
My sig WILL NOT change until RvB has an Agent Michigan. Followers: 4.
#2Smackdowner1Posted 3/14/2013 1:36:43 AM
Dude. They're assassins. If we knew how many there were, they'd be pretty bad at their job.
---
''Malice'' is a registered trademark of Smackdowner Inc.
All Rights Reserved 2002 - 2013
#3infamous888(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 1:43:46 AM
Smackdowner1 posted...
Dude. They're assassins. If we knew how many there were, they'd be pretty bad at their job.

Is there a lot? A few? An army? One chapter? Is Connor the only Assassin? Is everyone but me an Assassin?
---
My sig WILL NOT change until RvB has an Agent Michigan. Followers: 4.
#4Pennywise380Posted 3/14/2013 6:21:25 AM
In America there's Connor, his six recruits and Robert Faulkner. There's also Aveline and the Assassins she works with in AC3: Liberation, in and around New Orleans.

It was only the Colonial Assassins that Haytham's band almost wiped out. They still exist in chapters all around the globe, just like the Templars do. Given the difficulties of long-distance travel and communication and in those times, separating up into factions/chapters was essential. A single Grand Master/Mentor of the entire Order/Brotherhood wouldn't have been practical, since it would have been difficult to relay his orders to all four corners of the globe.

For example, Reginald Birch was Grand Master of the British Templars, who ordered Haytham to form a band of Colonial Templars to rival the Colonial Assassins. It wouldn't have been practical for Haytham to continue acting under Birch's orders, since they were both on opposite sides of the Atlantic, so Haytham became the Grand Master of the Colonial Templars.

Once more modern means of communication were developed, the Templars and Assassins each became single, cohesive organisations, at which point the Templars began their widespread, global extermination of the Assassins.
---
''Snake from Metal Gear 2 owns everybody. Because he used an owl. To make a guard think it was night time. In the middle of the day. That's just hardcore''
#5HakeemTheDreamPosted 3/14/2013 8:05:19 AM
Keep in mind also that multiple multiplayer characters are assassins according to the Erudito hacks, implying that they were operating largely independent of Connor or that these were some of the colonial assassins.
---
Your madness! How it shines like a beacon!
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/558836_o.gif
#6HagielPosted 3/14/2013 9:40:17 AM
infamous888 posted...
Is there a lot? A few? An army? One chapter? Is Connor the only Assassin? Is everyone but me an Assassin?

300!!!!! And they fight against 1.000.000 Pers... I mean Templars!

But seriously, I too wonder when the decay of the brotherhood began, I mean 230 years after Connor they are essentially wiped out all around the world...
---
It's so much easier to see the world in black and white. Gray? I don't know what to do with gray.
Garrus Vakarian
#7Pennywise380Posted 3/14/2013 9:58:55 AM
The Brotherhood didn't gradually decay. It was still thriving shortly before AC1 began, when the Templars began pouring resources into a worldwide extermination effort. It began after Daniel Cross, acting as a sleeper agent for Abstergo, located and killed the Mentor of the Assassins, throwing the Brotherhood into chaos. The Templars took advantage of that chaos and began hunting them down.

As for the multiplayer characters, we don't really know how they're supposed to fit in with the events of the single player story. Unlike Brotherhood and Revelations, they weren't incorporated into the story at all, which it is a shame.
---
''Snake from Metal Gear 2 owns everybody. Because he used an owl. To make a guard think it was night time. In the middle of the day. That's just hardcore''
#8Social_SinPosted 3/14/2013 10:29:18 AM
HakeemTheDream posted...
Keep in mind also that multiple multiplayer characters are assassins according to the Erudito hacks, implying that they were operating largely independent of Connor or that these were some of the colonial assassins.

Well not all of them are assassins, but yes this. I do wish we got to run into the MP characters in some way though during the SP kind of like in the master assassins missions in Revelations.
---
GT: Social Sin
Fanboys = The bane of any intelligent individual
#9HagielPosted 3/15/2013 9:16:35 AM
Pennywise380 posted...
The Brotherhood didn't gradually decay. It was still thriving shortly before AC1 began, when the Templars began pouring resources into a worldwide extermination effort. It began after Daniel Cross, acting as a sleeper agent for Abstergo, located and killed the Mentor of the Assassins, throwing the Brotherhood into chaos. The Templars took advantage of that chaos and began hunting them down.

As for the multiplayer characters, we don't really know how they're supposed to fit in with the events of the single player story. Unlike Brotherhood and Revelations, they weren't incorporated into the story at all, which it is a shame.

Ah, so it was like that. Where was this explained? Because I only played the 5 main games and I can't remember that. But I could be wrong naturally, perhaps I just forgot
---
It's so much easier to see the world in black and white. Gray? I don't know what to do with gray.
Garrus Vakarian
#10Pennywise380Posted 3/15/2013 9:25:01 AM
It was in the Graphic Novels. I think the others talk about it in the Grand Temple after you meet him as Desmond.
---