The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

As a fan is this worth it?

#1surfertiePosted 3/18/2013 9:52:04 AM
Right now this game is 30 dollars on Amazon. I have played all of the past AC games and liked most of them. (Brotherhood)

Is there something is this game that will peek my interest as Brotherhood did? If it is not really part of the story arc of AC, is it worth the buy?
---
"Are you the big guy?" "When are you ever the big guy in a video game?" Gamertag: Surfertie
#2Cpt_of_IndustryPosted 3/18/2013 10:19:53 AM
I mean the multiplayer is worth it but I really dislike the single player. I liked Revelations more than this.
---
The Jersey Guy
#3bobbyrkPosted 3/18/2013 10:21:01 AM
It's divisive, that's for sure. I enjoyed it quite a bit more than the latter two Ezio games.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#4roguebotPosted 3/18/2013 11:42:16 AM
It's a little below AC2 and Brotherhood for me, but way above AC1 and Revelations. I couldn't even finish Revelations.
#57ettusPosted 3/18/2013 11:47:20 AM
In terms of story line I think it's the best game personally.
---
FORCE: Upsetting Rape Culture
http://www.upsettingrapeculture.com/rapeculture.html
#6surfertie(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 12:49:05 PM
Thanks for the opinions. Still questioning this game.
---
"Are you the big guy?" "When are you ever the big guy in a video game?" Gamertag: Surfertie
#7CoontemptusPosted 3/19/2013 6:20:18 AM
roguebot posted...
It's a little below AC2 and Brotherhood for me, but way above AC1 and Revelations. I couldn't even finish Revelations.

Why?

The story isn't worse than any of the other games and its less annoying to play than Brotherhood.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#8faxmachnePosted 3/19/2013 6:58:06 AM
Coontemptus posted...
roguebot posted...

Why?

The story isn't worse than any of the other games and its less annoying to play than Brotherhood.

I'm with Roguebot in regards revelations.

I disliked 1, loved 2 liked brotherhood, but i had to give it back to my mate

I hated revelations, but i love AC3
---
Thanks to the guy who blabbed on my old one
#9CoontemptusPosted 3/19/2013 8:47:11 AM
faxmachne posted...
Coontemptus posted...
roguebot posted...

Why?

I'm with Roguebot in regards revelations.

I disliked 1, loved 2 liked brotherhood, but i had to give it back to my mate

I hated revelations, but i love AC3

Again, why?

Its not so fundamentally different from any other game in the AC franchise to garner so much hate.

I think its just a trendy thing to say, with no real thought given to it.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#10roguebotPosted 3/19/2013 11:54:39 AM(edited)
Coontemptus posted...

Again, why?

Its not so fundamentally different from any other game in the AC franchise to garner so much hate.

I think its just a trendy thing to say, with no real thought given to it.

I think according to some people on the internet, anything a lot of people dislike "is just a trendy thing to say with no thought given to it". I hope you don't dislike anything unpopular.

1. What I saw of the story was dull even by video game standards. I suppose story quality is subjective, but even the voice actors sounded like they were going through the motions. I can't speak to the quality of the story on the whole, since I didn't finish it, but the mark of a good story is the need to "see what happens next", and I didn't feel something interesting was around the corner.

2. Den defense was out of place and a feeble attempt at innovation (although it least it was an attempt). I play AC games to be a stealthy badass, not a rooftop general.

3. Being punished for expanding the economy may have been "realistic", but it wasn't fun. It made it even more of a time sink.

There were other factors (such as screen tearing) that bugged me, but those three forced me to quit not out of frustration, but boredom. I had other games I wanted to play, and other things I wanted to do. It happens.
More topics from this board...
High profile on default?Jazzo210219/22 1:49AM