As a fan is this worth it?

#11CoontemptusPosted 3/19/2013 11:58:05 AM
roguebot posted...
Coontemptus posted...

Again, why?

Its not so fundamentally different from any other game in the AC franchise to garner so much hate.

I think its just a trendy thing to say, with no real thought given to it.

I think according to some people on the internet, anything a lot of people dislike "is just a trendy thing to say with no thought given to it". I hope you don't dislike anything unpopular.

What I saw of the story was dull even by video game standards, den defense was out of place and a feeble attempt at innovation (although it least it was an attempt), and being punished for expanding the economy may have been "realistic", but it wasn't fun.

There were other factors (such as screen tearing) that bugged me, but those three forced me to quit not out of frustration, but boredom.

Den defense was minor and only happened a few times so it didn't seem intrusive to me, and I didn't have any problems with the game's economy. Seems to be minor points. Not near enough for all the hate the game has gotten.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#12roguebotPosted 3/19/2013 12:00:44 PM
Coontemptus posted...

Den defense was minor and only happened a few times so it didn't seem intrusive to me, and I didn't have any problems with the game's economy. Seems to be minor points. Not near enough for all the hate the game has gotten.

Of course they seem to be minor points to you; you liked the game. Seems like a redundant statement more than a rebuttal.
#13FBlade24Posted 3/19/2013 12:29:23 PM
7ettus posted...
In terms of story line I think it's the best game personally.

This. And I've played and loved all of them.
---
1 to 0
#14preztwPosted 3/19/2013 3:05:59 PM
I say the boat/ship part of the game out ways any issues found with single player, though I really liked the game overall.
#15ZzombielemurPosted 3/19/2013 3:24:37 PM
Personally I was tired of Ezio and I found the new character and his unique perspective refreshing and very enjoyable. The Desmond side of the story has been in a downward spiral for a long time IMO, but the historical story was lots of fun. I really liked seeing how Connor was both in demand by the various factions and yet also treated as sub-human. I liked how he had a place to call home where he didn't have to hide who he was. I liked that even at the end when the new nation was celebrating their victory Connor was disgusted by the injustice still present.

Compared the Revelations IMO the choice is clear. The game is worth it to play as a fresh unique character.
---
"Double Chop! Giant Swing! THE END!" (+ +)
#16MarvelRules95Posted 3/20/2013 9:26:30 AM
Zzombielemur posted...
Personally I was tired of Ezio and I found the new character and his unique perspective refreshing and very enjoyable. The Desmond side of the story has been in a downward spiral for a long time IMO, but the historical story was lots of fun. I really liked seeing how Connor was both in demand by the various factions and yet also treated as sub-human. I liked how he had a place to call home where he didn't have to hide who he was. I liked that even at the end when the new nation was celebrating their victory Connor was disgusted by the injustice still present.

Compared the Revelations IMO the choice is clear. The game is worth it to play as a fresh unique character.

Yeah, the fact that Connor was treated as a sub-human because of his race but highly demanded because of his incredible skill was fun to experience. I am sad that the Desmond story fell apart the way it did, that story had the potential to be just as interesting the historical stuff.
---
Not changing my sig until The Miz wins back the WWE championship.
#17CoontemptusPosted 3/20/2013 8:07:50 PM
roguebot posted...
Coontemptus posted...

Of course they seem to be minor points to you; you liked the game. Seems like a redundant statement more than a rebuttal.

What? Where did I say that? Its probably my least favorite game in the series.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#18roguebotPosted 3/20/2013 11:28:43 PM(edited)
Coontemptus posted...

What? Where did I say that? Its probably my least favorite game in the series.

If you consider Revelations' story on par with the rest of the series, and less annoying to play than Brotherhood, then how can it be your least favorite?

Part 1:

Coontemptus posted...
roguebot posted...
It's a little below AC2 and Brotherhood for me, but way above AC1 and Revelations. I couldn't even finish Revelations.

Why?

The story isn't worse than any of the other games and its less annoying to play than Brotherhood.

Part 2:

Coontemptus posted...
faxmachne posted...

I'm with Roguebot in regards revelations.

I disliked 1, loved 2 liked brotherhood, but i had to give it back to my mate

I hated revelations, but i love AC3

Again, why?

Its not so fundamentally different from any other game in the AC franchise to garner so much hate.

I think its just a trendy thing to say, with no real thought given to it.

Admit it, Revelations is no lower than 4th on your list of AC titles. It's okay, don't be embarrassed.
#19CoontemptusPosted 3/21/2013 6:32:20 AM
roguebot posted...
If you consider Revelations' story on par with the rest of the series, and less annoying to play than Brotherhood, then how can it be your least favorite?

Lack of innovation, mostly. Brotherhood was better, but more annoying to play because I felt like I had to constantly upkeep the various game mechanics. None of the games had a super compelling story, except maybe AC2 which overall has a nice story with some slower paced moments thrown in.

Admit it, Revelations is no lower than 4th on your list of AC titles. It's okay, don't be embarrassed.

This flat out doesn't make sense. I said its probably my least favorite game in the series. So even 4/5 would be pretty low.

Make sense. That is a request.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#20DDP886Posted 3/21/2013 7:40:29 AM
surfertie posted...
Thanks for the opinions. Still questioning this game.

29.99 right now on amazon
do all the side quests and get the dlc and you'll be set for months
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs