As a fan is this worth it?

#21surfertie(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 11:05:56 AM
I think I could play this game in summer and still have fun with the story. I really don't play AC games for the multiplayer and there are plenty of games I have to play at the moment. I appreciate the feed back however. (Heated feedback non the less)

Unfortunately I will be holding off till summer when there is a slowdown of games.

I would like to say that The best story and game of this series though was Brotherhood. It immersed me to the point of not wanting to stop playing and caring about the characters the most.
---
"Are you the big guy?" "When are you ever the big guy in a video game?" Gamertag: Surfertie
#22roguebotPosted 3/21/2013 2:07:00 PM
Coontemptus posted...

Make sense. That is a request.

On page 1, you were questioning how anyone could dislike ACR, claiming that "it was just a trendy thing to do with no thought put into it".

Now, you admit that you don't like it either, yet you're asking people to make sense.

That is irony. Either you're trolling or you just really want some sort of debate, but suck at keeping up your end of the conversation.
#23Offworlder1Posted 3/21/2013 2:26:55 PM
Topic creator just a fair warning for AC 3 is it has a very slow start, sequence 1-3 are fun but sequence 4 and 5 are some boring slow story that they could have got through better pacing wise. AC 3 is the only AC game I have stopped playing for any long period of time and four months ago I put it down and only a few days ago gave it a second chance. Sequence 6 is where things really pick up however and it has been great ever since, but sequence 4 and 5 were two of the most boring sequences I have had to play in any AC game.

AC 3 has pacing issues but if you can get through the boring BS it remembers "oh yeah this is an AC game, who is ready for some fun ?", it is as if they designed the game for people who never played an AC game before which is annoying. I know it's a mean thing to say but in a story based series why the hell would you start with AC 3 knowing all the older games are on the same system not to mention this is the third numbered game but really the fifth game in the series.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#24surfertie(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 4:30:20 PM
Thanks Offworlder. I have heard that the tutorial mission is just awfully long.

I wish game creators for sequels would take into consider long time players of the game as well as new players. Tutorials are only good for those that don't see them as a hindrance. Give me the option to not have to go through the monotony of something that has been drilled into me over 5 games. But give new players the knowledge they need through a separate opening tutorial. Everyone wins. Unless the budget can't take it.
---
"Are you the big guy?" "When are you ever the big guy in a video game?" Gamertag: Surfertie
#25TrickFlowFettPosted 3/22/2013 5:07:10 AM
The first 4 hours of this game so far is horrible. It's like, the 5th game in the series. Why on earth would they make the first few hours a gigantic tutorial like I've never played the game? It's like the opposite of Metal Gear Solid 2, where in the previews they show Snake on the boat, but when you get the game it's an hour of Snake and the rest of the game is Raiden being gay. This game they show a native american killing redcoats, and you spent the first 4 hours running around as some british guy. They should've called this game Eavesdropper's Creed with the amount of following people around you do.

The original AC was okay, a bit repetitive but they improved greatly with the second one. I enjoyed Brotherhood and Revelations, but this is by far the worst AC I've played. I hope it gets better.
#26Offworlder1Posted 3/22/2013 8:51:18 AM
You must get through the BS and make it to sequence 6, once your on sequence 6 the game gets to be fun.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#27CoontemptusPosted 3/22/2013 11:12:45 AM
roguebot posted...
Coontemptus posted...

Make sense. That is a request.

On page 1, you were questioning how anyone could dislike ACR, claiming that "it was just a trendy thing to do with no thought put into it".

Now, you admit that you don't like it either, yet you're asking people to make sense.

That is irony. Either you're trolling or you just really want some sort of debate, but suck at keeping up your end of the conversation.

I said I didn't think the game was bad enough to earn all the hate it has. I never said I didn't like it. I like it about the same as all the other AC games.

Reading... its fundamental.

If you don't understand something I've said, simply ask me to explain. If you try to invent things I said, then argue against these imaginary things you created in your head it will only make you look foolish.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#28roguebotPosted 3/22/2013 12:50:05 PM(edited)
Coontemptus posted...

I said I didn't think the game was bad enough to earn all the hate it has.

I never said I hated it. Here's a quote from page 1: "I had other games I wanted to play, and other things I wanted to do. It happens."

Just because I quit a game doesn't mean I hate it. Hate is such a strong word. Yet you directed the question at me.

I didn't like it, though.

I never said I didn't like it.

Yes, you did. Look here:

Coontemptus posted...
roguebot posted...

Of course they seem to be minor points to you; you liked the game. Seems like a redundant statement more than a rebuttal.

What? Where did I say that? Its probably my least favorite game in the series.

You denied that you liked it, thereby implying that you don't like it.

Reading... its fundamental.

If you don't understand something I've said, simply ask me to explain. If you try to invent things I said, then argue against these imaginary things you created in your head it will only make you look foolish.

Ironic considering you don't know what "implying" is.

Ironic considering you're assuming I hate things.

Here's some friendly advice: Don't go into a profession where you'd have to use your words. You'd get shredded.
#29Val_JesterPosted 3/22/2013 11:50:11 PM
roguebot posted...
Coontemptus posted...

Den defense was minor and only happened a few times so it didn't seem intrusive to me, and I didn't have any problems with the game's economy. Seems to be minor points. Not near enough for all the hate the game has gotten.

Of course they seem to be minor points to you; you liked the game. Seems like a redundant statement more than a rebuttal.

I finished the entire game and did den defense 1 time the entire play through. And that was the tutorial. Not a valid point.
---
http://www.sincearsenallastwonatrophy.co.uk/
#30roguebotPosted 3/23/2013 1:14:26 AM
Val_Jester posted...
roguebot posted...
Coontemptus posted...

Den defense was minor and only happened a few times so it didn't seem intrusive to me, and I didn't have any problems with the game's economy. Seems to be minor points. Not near enough for all the hate the game has gotten.

I finished the entire game and did den defense 1 time the entire play through. And that was the tutorial. Not a valid point.

Like I said in my first post in the thread, I didn't finish the game, so I wouldn't know that.

I just listed why I stopped playing it, and that's one reason. I wish I had more time to game these days, but games that make a bad first impression go back on the shelf, where it sits.

I never said my opinion was the end-all-be-all.

AC3, despite the "tutorial", gave me a great first impression. Haytham was awesome, IMO. Some people don't like it, and I understand the criticism. (Yeah, I'm on the internet and can understand someone else's point of view at the same time! For my next trick, I shall take a dump in a swinging bucket.)