As a fan is this worth it?

#31CoontemptusPosted 3/23/2013 4:56:34 AM
roguebot posted...
Coontemptus posted...

I said I didn't think the game was bad enough to earn all the hate it has.

I never said I hated it. Here's a quote from page 1: "I had other games I wanted to play, and other things I wanted to do. It happens."

Just because I quit a game doesn't mean I hate it. Hate is such a strong word. Yet you directed the question at me.

I didn't like it, though.

I never said I didn't like it.

Yes, you did. Look here:

Coontemptus posted...
roguebot posted...

Of course they seem to be minor points to you; you liked the game. Seems like a redundant statement more than a rebuttal.

What? Where did I say that? Its probably my least favorite game in the series.

You denied that you liked it, thereby implying that you don't like it.

Ironic considering you don't know what "implying" is.

Ironic considering you're assuming I hate things.

Here's some friendly advice: Don't go into a profession where you'd have to use your words. You'd get shredded.

You are an absolute failure at words.

Least favourite series in a series of games that I LIKE, is in no way implying I didn't like the game.

My least favourite car I own is my daily driver that gets good gas mileage. Its not fast, doesn't haul anything, and doesn't go where my Jeep goes.

Does my statement imply at all that I don't like the car, or does it only imply I like it the least out of my given set?

Don't ever take a formal logic class or go into a profession where you have to use your words. You'd get shredded!
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#32roguebotPosted 3/23/2013 10:25:24 AM
I said you liked the game, you denied it. It's as simple as that.

"You liked your Jeep Liberty."

"What? Where did I say that? It's my least favorite car I've owned."

... See how that works? You don't think such a response implies you didn't like the car? Don't get mad. It's just English.
#33Val_JesterPosted 3/23/2013 10:43:38 AM
roguebot posted...
Val_Jester posted...
roguebot posted...
Coontemptus posted...

Den defense was minor and only happened a few times so it didn't seem intrusive to me, and I didn't have any problems with the game's economy. Seems to be minor points. Not near enough for all the hate the game has gotten.

Of course they seem to be minor points to you; you liked the game. Seems like a redundant statement more than a rebuttal.

I finished the entire game and did den defense 1 time the entire play through. And that was the tutorial. Not a valid point.

Like I said in my first post in the thread, I didn't finish the game, so I wouldn't know that.

I just listed why I stopped playing it, and that's one reason. I wish I had more time to game these days, but games that make a bad first impression go back on the shelf, where it sits.

I never said my opinion was the end-all-be-all.

AC3, despite the "tutorial", gave me a great first impression. Haytham was awesome, IMO. Some people don't like it, and I understand the criticism. (Yeah, I'm on the internet and can understand someone else's point of view at the same time! For my next trick, I shall take a dump in a swinging bucket.)

So you stopped playing because of the tutorial of a feature that is avoidable? Again. Not a valid arguement.

If you had to do den defense more than 1 time you were playing the game wrong.

As for the story of Revelations it dragged in the middle but the end was brilliant. Much better than Brotherhood or AC3. Imo it had the best ending of all the games actually.

You get to see how all 3 of the main characters are connected and how each one passed the torch to the other. I feel bad for anybody that missed that. And watching it on youtube won't give you the same affect.

And you can't reall call yourself an AC fan if you have no interest in seeing how Ezio's story ends.
---
http://www.sincearsenallastwonatrophy.co.uk/
#34roguebotPosted 3/23/2013 11:25:24 AM(edited)
Val_Jester posted...

*snip*

If you liked, it, great. Dunno what to tell you otherwise.

And I have no need to call myself "an AC fan", so I'm cool with that.

Edit: And I said in my first post that I didn't finish the game. So I already know I'm not in a position to speak on the overall quality of the game. So give that "valid argument" crap to someone who wants to convince you it's a bad game-- not me.
#35CoontemptusPosted 3/24/2013 10:30:16 AM
roguebot posted...
I said you liked the game, you denied it. It's as simple as that.

"You liked your Jeep Liberty."

"What? Where did I say that? It's my least favorite car I've owned."

... See how that works? You don't think such a response implies you didn't like the car? Don't get mad. It's just English.

You're so bad at English it hurts to read your words :(

If I said "I like all my cars, but the Jeep is my least favorite," I think most people would be able to figure that out.

By the way, I have a CJ7, I wouldn't be caught dead in a liberty!
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#36roguebotPosted 3/25/2013 2:04:48 PM(edited)
Coontemptus posted...

If I said "I like all my cars, but the Jeep is my least favorite," I think most people would be able to figure that out.

Of course they would. But you didn't say that.

You said "what, where did I say that?" in response to the suggestion that you liked it.

I realize you don't want to admit you lack clarity in your words (because winning internet arguments is important and all), but ad hominem attacks do you no favors!

I've only been helpful in my criticism of you, for example I recommended not going into a profession where you have to speak convincingly. You've only been insulting.
#37CoontemptusPosted 3/27/2013 4:36:44 PM
roguebot posted...
Coontemptus posted...

Of course they would. But you didn't say that.

You said "what, where did I say that?" in response to the suggestion that you liked it.

I realize you don't want to admit you lack clarity in your words (because winning internet arguments is important and all), but ad hominem attacks do you no favors!

I've only been helpful in my criticism of you, for example I recommended not going into a profession where you have to speak convincingly. You've only been insulting.

If you're going to go with informal fallacies, try "argument from ignorance," or "argument from silence," or especially "incomplete comparison" when evaluating your own nonsense. Much more apt than my supposed ad hominem attack. When you get to college in 5-6 years, try taking a logic class. When you look back on this, you'll thank me.

How's that for clarity? :)
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#38VigilanteArtistPosted 3/27/2013 6:09:24 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#39roguebotPosted 3/27/2013 7:49:38 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#40roguebotPosted 3/27/2013 8:00:10 PM
Sorry, but your "criticism" lacked any constructive element whatsoever. It amounted to nothing more than a personal attack on my intelligence. "Ad hominem" stands.

Hell, in your second post you suggested that people were lemmings, with no thoughts of their own on the matter, for holding a very negative opinion about Revelations. (Revelations, of all games? Seriously?)

Do you really think that's the way to enter civilized discussion? I doubt it.

Do you actually have trouble reading my perfectly legible posts? I doubt it.

Sigh...

Okay, look. If you want to believe that "what, where did I say I liked Revelations?" is a question that remotely implies you liked the game, by all means, believe it. It isn't true, but it doesn't affect my life at all.