Yes I know, it's another "Is this worth buying" topic.

#1Dastan093Posted 3/24/2013 5:16:59 PM
As the title says.

Really liked the concept of the first game, even if the gameplay was repetitive.

2 was really well made, I had a lot of fun playing this.

Brotherhood had in my opinion the best SP. Adding MP was a big mistake however. They should have kept it SP only.

Revelations; I never finished playing it. The gameplay bored me to death. I felt it was too 'overdone'. Again, MP wasn't my cup of tea, although it must be said that it worked better than in Brotherhood.

So... To buy or not to buy, convince me please. So that I have a valid excuse to buy this game to present to le other half.

Side note: whiny kids in the online?

Thanks in advance guys :)

TL;DR: You deserve shooting you lazy person.
---
Gaming since 2006 - PSN & Steam: Darkhawk16e - 360 Gamertag: River Tam SG - I enjoy the gaming without raging :D
#2bobbyrkPosted 3/24/2013 5:28:23 PM
I guess if you're on the edge, just rent it. It's got its fair share of problems that made people dislike it; personally I think aside from some presentation issues it's just about the best, certainly a lot better than Revelations story-wise.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#3Dastan093(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 5:35:07 PM
bobbyrk posted...
I guess if you're on the edge, just rent it. It's got its fair share of problems that made people dislike it; personally I think aside from some presentation issues it's just about the best, certainly a lot better than Revelations story-wise.

Trouble is; there aren't any stores that rent games where I live. So I either have the choice between buying New/Used. Which reminds me of another question I had; New = special content code(s) ?
---
Gaming since 2006 - PSN & Steam: Darkhawk16e - 360 Gamertag: River Tam SG - I enjoy the gaming without raging :D
#4bobbyrkPosted 3/24/2013 5:36:23 PM
Only if you want to play online, which it sounds like you don't. So just get it used, then.
---
#5Dastan093(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 5:43:36 PM
bobbyrk posted...
Only if you want to play online, which it sounds like you don't. So just get it used, then.

Used will be around Ģ25-30 still I think.

Will look into it more / continue to lurk le forum.
---
#6HakeemTheDreamPosted 3/24/2013 5:52:58 PM
Dastan093 posted...
Adding MP was a big mistake however. They should have kept it SP only.

http://i.minus.com/iHgXWP0HCbZQ6.gif
---
Remember the Name
http://i.imgur.com/i2aAOiu.png
#7Dastan093(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 6:07:34 PM
HakeemTheDream posted...
Dastan093 posted...
Adding MP was a big mistake however. They should have kept it SP only.

http://i.minus.com/iHgXWP0HCbZQ6.gif

Well done, you've just wasted 5 seconds of my life. I love you.
---
#8Dastan093(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 7:52:51 PM
Anyone else got any thoughts?
---
#9onewingedsephPosted 3/26/2013 5:48:48 AM
if I may share my honest opinion, it was not worth buying it. For me this Assassins Creed is by far the worst. Sure the visuals and soundeffekts are awesome, but that is something to be expected nowadays from a AAA title. The Sory around the main character Connar was very disappointing, the character himself was even more disappointing. He had no depth and no development. But honestly, what bugged me the most was the gameplay. It somehow did not feel like a real Assassins Creed game. (On a side note I played all games except the PSP titles). Here in ACIII there was hardly a real assassination anymore. Remember in previous titles you have a target and you had to assassinate him QUIETLY if possible and you had to stay undetected. In ACIII I didnīt have that feeling at all. No stealth, hardly a real assasination, way more mass fights against hordes of not so smart opponents. But to be fair, they werenīt so smart in the previous games. :)
Bottom line, IMO the story was weak, the character was weak and the gameplay itself not so good anymore. The naval missions were fun though. But when I play Assassins Creed, I want stealth and staying undetected and.....well....assassinate! lol

My suggestion: No buy, rent. If renting is not possible, buy used for 20 Bucks max.

Again, this is my opinion.
---
XBL-Gametag: elwoodblues0985 // PSN: elwoodblues85 Main: Guy - SFIVAE
#10bobbyrkPosted 3/26/2013 6:16:37 AM
onewingedseph posted...
The Sory around the main character Connar was very disappointing, the character himself was even more disappointing.

I disagree. The story was good, it was the presentation that suffered.

He had no depth and no development.

This isn't even remotely true. He's a far more believable and human character than Ezio ever was.

But honestly, what bugged me the most was the gameplay. It somehow did not feel like a real Assassins Creed game.

How so?

Here in ACIII there was hardly a real assassination anymore. Remember in previous titles you have a target and you had to assassinate him QUIETLY if possible and you had to stay undetected. In ACIII I didnīt have that feeling at all. No stealth, hardly a real assasination, way more mass fights against hordes of not so smart opponents.

That's not true, though. You are rewarded for stealth gameplay for a number of the missions, and at least two of the Assassinations you HAVE to approach stealthily else it turns into a long-drawn out battle and you don't get full sync. ACB and ACR (more so the former than the latter) had just as many big fights against hordes of opponents.
---