Haytham's personality change *possible spoilers*

#1Bloodlines1191Posted 3/27/2013 2:33:39 PM
In the beginning, Haytham was a typical dude doing what he has to do. But when we are Connor, he's cold and merciless. Especially with killing everyone he interrogates and being more cynical thought not without points.

I remember the podcast saying it was the events in the Brothel in Forsaken that drove him to be cold and cynical. But what really changed in the years we don't play as Haytham. Does anyone know? Because I liked Haytham at the beginning (though his sections were boring) yet he's just...scathing in the later sequences I hate him.
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#2HagielPosted 3/27/2013 2:51:25 PM
I always wondered that too. Most of the time in the later game I found myself laughing in dibelief and thinking what an a** Haytham is. Poor Connor :-(
---
It's so much easier to see the world in black and white. Gray? I don't know what to do with gray.
Garrus Vakarian
#3Kooler2006Posted 3/28/2013 1:05:24 AM
He was always that way. He had to play 'nice' more often to get what he needed from the locals, especially the natives. They would not have worked with him so willingly had they known what he was truly like.

You can tell in his sequences early on that he is very intimidating and has a 'i will get what I want' attitude. He just hides it behind fancy actions and tells people what they want to hear.
#4Pennywise380Posted 3/28/2013 12:12:30 PM
Kooler is right. He doesn't behave drastically differently in the later Sequences compared to the earlier ones. He threatens to kill the Captain of the Providence twice during his voyage, once by beheading him. He threatens a child in the London Opera House.
---
''Snake from Metal Gear 2 owns everybody. Because he used an owl. To make a guard think it was night time. In the middle of the day. That's just hardcore''
#5BayouJoePosted 3/28/2013 1:55:45 PM
When you play as Haythem you see life through his eyes and in his eyes nothing he does is wrong, when you play as Conner it's the same thing except everything Haythem represents is evil.
---
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."
#6Kooler2006Posted 3/28/2013 3:47:03 PM
Pennywise380 posted...
He threatens a child in the London Opera House.

Awesome fact....that child is one of the assassin recruits you can get while playing as Connor later. Threw me for a wtf moment when I heard the ingame chat
#7bobbyrkPosted 3/28/2013 4:29:58 PM
Kooler2006 posted...
Pennywise380 posted...
He threatens a child in the London Opera House.

Awesome fact....that child is one of the assassin recruits you can get while playing as Connor later. Threw me for a wtf moment when I heard the ingame chat

Yeah, and the Database entry for him is wrong. The DOB in it doesn't come anywhere close to how old he is in that scene.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#8Pennywise380Posted 3/29/2013 6:11:06 PM
I think most of the DOBs for the recruits are wrong. Dobby's DOB puts her at roughly 40.
---
''Snake from Metal Gear 2 owns everybody. Because he used an owl. To make a guard think it was night time. In the middle of the day. That's just hardcore''