How did they manage to depict how life was like back then?

#1ninjaman148Posted 3/27/2013 7:08:32 PM
Did the developers hire expert historians or something like that? I'm a day into the game and I'm blown away by the detail of the world around you.

The people, historic events (Braddock expedition, Boston massacre), the accents, clothing, etc.
---
Yo Buddy, Still Alive?
Rest In Peace - Our Beloved Dog Lukas (07-31-12) - Someday, We'll Meet Again On Rainbow Bridge
#2bobbyrkPosted 3/27/2013 7:12:02 PM
Yes, they did. They have several historians on staff that do research for the overall project, as well as the writers themselves doing research - I know for AC2, Corey May spent at least nine months just doing research on Renaissance Italy before he even wrote a single word.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#3DrinkinnCobrasPosted 3/27/2013 7:17:30 PM
I think this game taught me more about the American Revolution than what my U.S. History teacher did.

The guy was worthless as a teacher. I virtually taught myself and some of my classmates on U.S. History.
#4VigilanteArtistPosted 3/27/2013 7:21:52 PM
DrinkinnCobras posted...
I think this game taught me more about the American Revolution than what my U.S. History teacher did.

The guy was worthless as a teacher. I virtually taught myself and some of my classmates on U.S. History.

I had a former Army Ranger for my US history teacher. That guy was a badass and passionate about the subject.
#5DrinkinnCobrasPosted 3/27/2013 7:27:07 PM(edited)
Ah, that's nice. Lucky for you not having to put up with the jackass I had to go through. He was a conspiracy nut and spent a week raving about how 9/11 was planned.

Seriously, we didn't even cover the Wild West era, spent a few days on WW2, literally skipped Korea, mentioned Vietnam, did little work on the Civil Rights movement.

Jesus. What made me happy is that the guy got fired last year, and a new teacher filled his spot. She's does a much, much better job than him.
#6Kooler2006Posted 3/28/2013 1:07:29 AM
I watched videos on how they made some of the stuff, and the most intriguing bit I watched was that they acquired old maps of building layouts of Boston and New York from that time period, and made the ingame cities as they were back in that time. They said if you had gone through the city back then as you did in game, it would look very much like in game.

History is wonderful!
#7FredCat07Posted 3/28/2013 7:25:29 AM
VigilanteArtist posted...
DrinkinnCobras posted...

I had a former Army Ranger for my US history teacher. That guy was a badass and passionate about the subject.

Agreed, but the game had done a better job teaching the history to us than the teacher(s) does.
---
What'the matter? Disliked my grammar?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vz0vCbdS1r1g5kzo1_500.gif
#8emperor_noobPosted 3/28/2013 2:33:31 PM
I never learned about American History, and I found the events of this game to be pretty interesting. I'm not sure how accurate the events and details are though, but I have yet to see someone complain how about how inaccurate the game actually is so I'll take the game's word for it lol.

Yeah, History in my school doesn't sound that great. At the minute I'm learning about the Partition of Ireland which spans the period 1900-1925 and before that module I did the Clash of Ideologies which pretty much went through the rise to the fall of Communism in Russia.
---
Xbox 360 GT: MartyD14
PS3: MartyD14
#9hawk540Posted 3/29/2013 5:31:30 PM
I never learnt about American History where I live so it was quite interesting to play this game. Quite a few games these days that are set in the past do as much planning as the AC team so it's great for us players to enjoy them and learn something in the process.
---
XBL Tag = hawk540