Charles Lee chase. What the actual f***.

#11garcia_jxPosted 4/8/2013 11:15:06 PM
it wasn't too bad. the first two guys, you avoid them by going around the boxes to your right. The four guys that are preparing to fire, you avoid them by jumping to your left onto the pathway before they shoot.
#12theperson98Posted 4/9/2013 5:35:05 PM
Honestly, it isn't too hard when you do it calmly. A couple of retries can be a pain in your arse, sure. But getting mad only inhibits how well you can play.

Here's what I did, when you start, just run forward. No one should be in your way and the barrels won't harm you, like at all (they should go off while you're either out of range or just not hurt you). When you get to the first guards just run until you get close to where they might attack, and jump! Seriously, while holding RT, just press A. It's the oldest trick in the AC book. It's always been the best way to avoid needless hits while saving time.

Now, when you get to the next guards, just go left and jump on the dock. Then run past the civilians, up and around the barrels. Run to the little johnboat and run across it. He should be waiting to start the second half of the chase.

The second part messed me up twice (got burned somehow and Connor just derped and wouldn't climb in hte direction I wanted at one part), so I was kinda frustrated my third, and lucky try. But just try jumping past guards. It should work 9/10 times!
---
"As for alchemy, my neighbors have some sort of lab; judging by the recent explosions, I'm almost positive it's for meth not arcane wizard potions."
#13CoontemptusPosted 4/9/2013 9:42:03 PM
I was sitting by him telling him where to go, but my 8 year old son did this mission first try.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#14gobuffalo30Posted 4/10/2013 5:44:49 AM
Maybe I was doing it wrong then but after I restarted, every time I moved forward there was an explosion that would keep knocking me down or staggering me. I had to stand and wait for the explosion to go off before I could start running and by that time Lee was already passed 50.
#15LinktoDrink(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 6:47:53 AM
gobuffalo30 posted...
Maybe I was doing it wrong then but after I restarted, every time I moved forward there was an explosion that would keep knocking me down or staggering me. I had to stand and wait for the explosion to go off before I could start running and by that time Lee was already passed 50.

Right, exactly. I don't know what these people are talking about with their being no obstacles. There's a giant explosion. So you need to go to that lower part near the water rather than just running straight. To make things worse, a body kept flying onto me when I passed under the explosion, so I'd still be knocked down. I had to do this over 40 times before I finally got it, and that was only by running up the boat... which is not what the devs intended us to do. If it's an actual chase, then there's no way we'd know he would be going that way.
---
Not changing this sig until Shenmue 3 is announced.
Friend me on Ouya: Link, and Wii U: LinksAwakening
#16bobbyrkPosted 4/11/2013 7:10:40 AM
That explosion near the beginning is the worst obstacle by far, and even that isn't so bad. Even if you get caught by the explosion, as long as you don't get knocked down you can still full sync the mission. Just don't ever let go of the RT during the initial chase.

After the explosion, there's two guards blocking your path, but there's a large stack of boxes to your right. Circle around that stack and you completely bypass them. Then it's a straight run (obviously making sure you don't run into any civilians, but honestly that's not very hard to do) until you get to the covered section with a group of guards and a walkway to your left. Bypass the guards by jumping off the bridge at an angle onto that walkway, then you run straight up those stairs and climb up the obstacle directly ahead of you, and leap onto the boat. Run across the boat and leap onto the land opposite it, and you'll get the "don't run into any civilians" sync requirement.

Inside the boat is a little tougher, you want to take your time to make sure you don't get hit with fire damage, but you don't want to wait around too long or you'll desync as Lee gets away. When you first get into the boat and slide under the first obstacle, the wall to your right comes down, and you need to climb it then leap across the ropes and the V shaped support to get to where you need to be. This is where you can get hit by fire damage if you're not careful, you can't run through that doorway but the wall next to it collapses, and is where you want to go. The rest is fairly simple, just don't stop moving.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#17DDP886Posted 4/12/2013 11:12:52 AM
i saw this topic and got to this mission an hour ago. when i had to chase lee an odd glitch happened and no people spawned other then the guards. lucky me i guess
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYM|NYJ|NYK|NYR
#18barf_syndromePosted 4/12/2013 2:48:28 PM
I actually stop playing the game last year because of that chase. I tried it again today after downloading the patch and managed to get through it.
#19shutyourmouth03Posted 4/13/2013 10:07:27 PM
Yeah this part frustrated me. He starts out pretty far away to begin with, and apparently he is an Olympic sprinter cause the meter counter shows he pulls distance on Connor. Keeping under 50 is hard to do.
#20bobbyrkPosted 4/13/2013 10:14:53 PM
shutyourmouth03 posted...
Yeah this part frustrated me. He starts out pretty far away to begin with, and apparently he is an Olympic sprinter cause the meter counter shows he pulls distance on Connor. Keeping under 50 is hard to do.

Not really. Yeah, he's fast, but as long as you're not screwing around or somehow haven't gotten a handle on the best way to move around by this point in the game or your controller is bad, it's not really that difficult to keep him under 50 meters away. Just do what I said above.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.