Playing DLC without internet connection

#1Priest2591Posted 4/5/2013 6:39:08 AM
So I shut off my cable and internet a few months back (my 5 year old son is just too dependent on electronics for entertainment so I figured 6 months of not having it to turn to would create some balance), It really hasnt been an issue and honestly dont really miss it. that being said, I dusted off my 360 a few weeks ago to play AC3 as my brother would not stop bugging me to try it. Played through the whole thing and the game is fantastic, didnt want it to end,

After playing through the game I found out about the DLC, went to gamestop and purchased a 1600ms point card, took my HDD, went to a buddies house, swapped HDD's and downloaded the two DLC extra's, went back home and was greeted with a pop up indicating internet connection was required, coming from the world of PC gaming I figured there may be a online validity check at the beginning of the DLC so the developers could ensure that what was being played was legitimate. Went back to my buddies with my HDD, swapped it out again, started the mission, played for 10 min until I was satisfied that quite a few auto save points had been crossed and thus the story was in motion, exited out of the game. Took everything back home and was met with the same cold screen of rejection as before.

Does it truely require a constant connection for the DLC levels or did I simply not play far enough? Really want to play but have a sinking feeling I am out of luck, with the terrible experiences with online play from Ubisoft with HAWX 1&2 my faith is not exactly topped off at the moment

Thanks
-TLP
---
I7 930@4ghz~XFX 5870 @950/1300~Corsair XMS3 1600~Asus P6X58D Premium~1.7Tb~3x22in Viewsonic 5760x1080~
#2The_FuqPosted 4/5/2013 7:33:40 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Had this problem as well, I would also appreciate an answer!
#3TBird3489Posted 4/5/2013 12:18:35 PM
You shouldn't need a constant connection. Your problem is when dlc is downloaded, it gets linked with the xbox and hard drive. You will have to take your entire xbox to your friends and download it. Also, you might have to log onto a computer to do a license transfer to be able to download it on yours, not sure on that because I haven't had to do that in like 4 years.
---
GT- TBird3489
#4Gray_AreasPosted 4/5/2013 12:21:49 PM
TBird3489 posted...
You shouldn't need a constant connection. Your problem is when dlc is downloaded, it gets linked with the xbox and hard drive. You will have to take your entire xbox to your friends and download it. Also, you might have to log onto a computer to do a license transfer to be able to download it on yours, not sure on that because I haven't had to do that in like 4 years.

Really? I always thought it was connected to the Gamertag and/or the HDD. I didn't realize it was connected to the Xbox too.
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
#58YorMommyPosted 4/9/2013 1:06:28 PM
Really? I always thought it was connected to the Gamertag and/or the HDD. I didn't realize it was connected to the Xbox too.

Its all fairly nebulous to me. MS sure doesn't make things easy for soem functions.