Community Poll: Smoke Bomb in AC4

#11billygotenPosted 4/22/2013 7:00:37 PM(edited)
With Manhunt, it really depends. Coordinated Manhunt teams have always chained stuns for points, but as far as abilities, it's really not so bad these days. Animus Shield stops smokes, you can throw Wipe or Firecrackers in to bait or scatter, Aerials still work, the gun can take out one and offset a little of that 4v4 in your favor, etc. There are still ways a coordinated team can grab a profit on offense. Problem is, it seems pretty easy still to have your team standing in an advantageous spot out in the open not even trying to hide, or worse, to have all the guys on defense run to the hotspot instantly after spawning to chain stuns without abilities in the open.

That shouldn't be possible

EDIT: It's fine, I get it. People are gonna use the most effective strategies they know and it's very hard to balance things like this so that a strategy is viable but the risk/reward is perfect (for example, if there was no Smoke Bomb and Knives couldn't cause stuns, the best strategy on defense would most likely be point starving, which is no fun). It's just frustrating for me to see unstealthy strategies be the optimal ones.
#12BluesSoul617Posted 4/23/2013 1:31:03 PM(edited)
After reading all these posts, smoke bomb is indeed better off being balanced rather than making a poll about its availability. Without defensive abilities like you said, there will be point starving.

I just hate offensive smoke bombs. If they can make pistols only work on targets, why can't they make smoke bombs work on only pursuers?
---
Blues Soul 617
#13viper_3240Posted 4/23/2013 6:28:01 PM
there is a difference between defending and play it right and just simply standing around smoke bomb and stun the entire time suppose to hide. That is what a lot of Clan member do they don't even play the match right.
#14viper_3240Posted 4/23/2013 6:34:52 PM
That's how Manhunt defense is played. Would you rather them just lie down and die? Or, better yet, point starve?
---
Remember the Name
http://i.imgur.com/i2aAOiu.png

There is a deference between using it for defence, and the entire team standing around smoke bombing, and stuning the entire time they are suppose to hide.
#15DoomGazer589Posted 4/23/2013 6:54:41 PM
NO WAY!!!! I fully agree with viper_3240 there is a deference between using it for defence and just simply standing having the whole time stand there smoke bombing and stunnnin the entire match. That is not a fair match
#16HakeemTheDream(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 6:58:40 PM
DoomGazer589 posted...
NO WAY!!!! I fully agree with viper_3240 there is a deference between using it for defence and just simply standing having the whole time stand there smoke bombing and stunnnin the entire match. That is not a fair match

Or maybe you could play smarter offense? Use Wipe? Use Shield? Hold the damn Y button?
---
Remember the Name
http://i.imgur.com/i2aAOiu.png