does online get more difficult after hitting the first prestige?(1*)

#1Xbox-36OPosted 4/17/2013 10:12:41 AM
does online get more difficult after hitting the first prestige(1*) in terms of the game now attempting to put you in games with other prestige players? i only just hit 1* and now i'm literally "seeing stars" in every online match, (prestige stars, that is) versus that having prestige players in matches was much more rare even when i was just a high level 50. it feels like a totally different game now. i fear that the honeymoon is over
#2HakeemTheDreamPosted 4/17/2013 1:50:16 PM
It depends on what game modes you're playing- AA, Assassinate, and Manhunt are generally more saturated with prestige players than other game modes. The game allegedly tries to put like with like so to speak, but whether it actually happens is debatable.
---
Remember the Name
http://i.imgur.com/i2aAOiu.png
#3Xbox-36O(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 2:11:09 PM
i only play mainly Wanted and the occasional Simple and still get at least half prestige enemies. as a recent prestige convert i would say the game does a decent job at putting prestige together and non-prestige together (whether that's appreciated or not)
#4billygotenPosted 4/21/2013 9:12:52 AM
It's really not. Sometimes you'll get a prestige player that you just can't beat, but you don't have to be intimidated by prestige stars. You don't have to play particularly well to get them, only particularly long, and many work their way up with boosting anyway.

You will find that many, many more prestige players abuse game balance issues to consistently win rather than using actual skill, but that comes with the territory. I wouldn't join a game of Assassinate without mentally preparing myself for any prestige player (esp high ones) using no stealth at all, running around/climbing to bait pursuers, and spamming Smoke/Knife stuns and turnaround kills.
---
---The defib is a more useful weapon at range than either T1 shotty. - kenmorr23---
#5HakeemTheDreamPosted 4/22/2013 4:32:48 PM
That is skill, they know what they have to do to win and they do it. Just because people don't play how you like doesn't mean that they're skilless
---
Remember the Name
#6billygotenPosted 4/22/2013 7:42:01 PM(edited)
It's not the kind of skill I'm talking about. It's familiarity with the game mechanics and abusing things that should be balanced better, but it isn't outsmarting or outplaying your opponent, and it isn't stealthy in a game that's supposed to be about stealth.

It's very clear the game is supposed to reward stealthy play and punish unstealthy play. That's why the game flags you when you high profile, why you lose points on your target when you high profile, why everyone has a ranged ability, why opponents get extra points for killing you with a gun while running, etc etc. There are MANY examples of how it's very clear the basis of the game should be stealth and while obviously acting high profile should be a viable option sometimes, it is part of a risk/reward structure that should make you have to weigh the dangers of not playing stealthy against the potential reward.

But the "best" strategy in Assassinate BY FAR is to never try to be stealthy ever. It's to purposefully be UNstealthy and bait people into stuns into turnaround kills because that nets points faster than doing what the game rewards you for and actually going for silent/incog kills that you earned (not that a stun nets you by default).

When a player refuses to play with stealth most of or the entire game and instead abuses smoke bomb, knives, and baits stuns for all their points and still wins by a landslide, something is wrong, and it has nothing to do with "play style" or "playing the way they want to".

Assassinate has been a joke since everyone figured out that Smoke Bomb, stun-kills, and flat kill streaks were far more effective than ever trying to be stealthy and if you don't know that, you're one of the ones that do it. I think I know you from AC though (wasn't your tag different in ACB?) and you're skilled and knowledgeable enough about AC MP to know that a player shouldn't be able to wreck face in a mode in this game by being totally unstealthy on purpose.
#7HakeemTheDreamPosted 4/23/2013 4:30:37 AM
billygoten posted...
i think I know you from AC though (wasn't your tag different in ACB?) and you're skilled and knowledgeable enough about AC MP to know that a player shouldn't be able to wreck face in a mode in this game by being totally unstealthy on purpose.

I'm posting from my phone now so ill skip the rest of the post for noe but yeah, your username on FAQs is familiar to me. I don't know your GT but mine used to be SUPRINEL0LSKINS until fairly recently when I changed it to WyvernKnight27. Either of those ring a bell?
---
Remember the Name
#8billygotenPosted 4/23/2013 8:13:24 AM
Hm, damn. Not overly. Yeah, I saw your current tag on your banner, and I know I've seen you posting at the very least on the AC3 boards since it came out, but I played a lot of ACB and played ACR a decent amount. Anyway, I've seen your posts and it's easy to tell you know what you're talking about.
---
---The defib is a more useful weapon at range than either T1 shotty. - kenmorr23---
#9HakeemTheDreamPosted 4/23/2013 6:52:06 PM
Thanks man, the same goes for you :) I don't really play much anymore, but if you want someone to play with sometime you know my GT :)
---
Remember the Name
More topics from this board...
Nine men's morris problemNairel227/22 12:34PM