Did Ubisoft actually expect me to believe... (spoilers)

#1Super_Game_guruPosted 4/18/2013 10:25:50 AM
...That Haytham was an Assassin? Even barring the secrecy he and his men displayed throughout the first part, Haytham had the lofty arrogance of the other Templars over the course of the other games, as opposed to the reserved dignity that befitted the other Assassins... It just seems kind of weird to me.
---
PSN: Voknelim Gamertag: Soviet Milenkov
#2BluesSoul617Posted 4/18/2013 11:24:37 AM
His father was an Assassin, which we'll be playing as in ACIV.
---
Blues Soul 617
#3FredCat07Posted 4/18/2013 12:39:41 PM
He used to be an Assassin, before the start of Assassin's Creed 3 - he possessed a hidden blade at drama.
---
What'the matter? Disliked my grammar?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vz0vCbdS1r1g5kzo1_500.gif
#4bobbyrkPosted 4/18/2013 12:42:27 PM
FredCat07 posted...
He used to be an Assassin, before the start of Assassin's Creed 3 - he possessed a hidden blade at drama.

Well, to be exact... he never actually was an Assassin. He was taken by the Templars before he could be fully initiated into the Assassins, though I believe it was stated that Edward trained him some.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#5Billy-De-KidPosted 4/18/2013 3:15:04 PM
BluesSoul617 posted...
His father was an Assassin, which we'll be playing as in ACIV.

Oh!

I though he was going to be Haytham's brother.
---
"There's no problem you can't solve with a reasonable amount of violence" -Erin Stout
"CHEESE!!! CHEESE FOR EVERYBODY!!!" -Sheograth
#6BayouJoePosted 4/18/2013 4:01:13 PM
It makes more sense that it would be his son (like Connor) or grandson, after all the games have been moving progressively forward in time.
---
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."
#7bobbyrkPosted 4/18/2013 4:23:56 PM
BayouJoe posted...
It makes more sense that it would be his son (like Connor) or grandson, after all the games have been moving progressively forward in time.

They said years ago they weren't stuck moving forward in time with each game.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#8BluesSoul617Posted 4/18/2013 5:42:42 PM
Wow I didn't know many people were ignorant about it. It clearly says in one of the trailers that the setting is the early 1700's (ACIII was late 1700's). I also remember reading a wiki about Edward Kenway before ACIV was leaked. Something happened to Edward iirc and Haytham was kidnapped by Templars when he was a kid.
---
Blues Soul 617
#9SpiritMusePosted 4/19/2013 4:03:27 AM
I didn't see it coming, exactly, but I wasn't surprised. I kept thinking that Haytham was very arrogant and callous for an Assassin, so when he turned out to be a Templar instead, it suddenly all made sense.
#10Hyper ShadicPosted 4/19/2013 10:39:59 PM
Yeah, because Altair was humble at the beginning of AC1.. :P
---
Project M Developer. Learn more!
http://smashmods.com/projectm/