what happened to my weapon?

#1Skywarp99Posted 4/23/2013 6:23:24 PM
I found a Iron Tomahawk or some such heavy weapon in one of the treasure chests in the the DLC, in New York. During a fight I must have held the button down and I threw it. Now I no longer have it, how do I find it again? the original chest is now unlocked, gone from the map.

I had this problem in the other DLC, what's the point of opening all those extra chests, if the new weapons you find disappear if you throw them, or you die, you respawn without them. is there a place to re-equip all your unlocked weapons? there's no Homestead type base you can access in the DLC, right?
---
Gamertag - DarthBane99
PSN - Skywarp99
#2sakurayulePosted 4/23/2013 7:02:19 PM
In New York, there are 2 unique chests, one holding a blunt weapon, the other holding George Washington's Replica Sword. Opening either will make the other disappear from your inventory and will also make the chest for that absent weapon reappear.

This 'reappearing chest' thing only works in the 3rd DLC.
---
\_(ツ)_/
#3Skywarp99(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 7:46:55 AM
gah, so many annoying things about the DLC and the main campaign

that's annoying that i've killed thousands of guards to just get a chance to open a chest, and then I can lose it, only to re-track it down again. ugh
---
Gamertag - DarthBane99
PSN - Skywarp99
#4sakurayulePosted 4/24/2013 10:47:49 AM
Just open up every chest, that way, one chest (the weapon you don't have) will always be the only one there.

For easy mass-guard killing:
1) Hide in a bush near the guards.
2) Equip Hidden blade.
3) Wolk Cloak -> Stab stab stab *15
4) Go back and hide in bush to recover life (wolf cloak lets you enter the bush unnoticed).

Repeat until everyone is dead.
---
\_(ツ)_/
#5Kooler2006Posted 4/24/2013 4:43:10 PM
the ONLY thing I like about picking up heavy weapons in this game is to watch Connor bash it into the enemies skull for the lulz so I can get rid of it. The combat is so easy with a normal weapon that there is no reason to go swapping weapons
#6ChisokaPosted 4/25/2013 6:54:14 AM
Kooler2006 posted...
the ONLY thing I like about picking up heavy weapons in this game is to watch Connor bash it into the enemies skull for the lulz

Loved the club in the first DLC. So much fun braining a bluecoat with it. The iron club in the third DLC was nice too, an luckily you could always re-equip it if you lost it.