Where do you want the AC series to go, settings wise?

#21BlondeF22Posted 5/14/2013 11:04:04 AM
Viking age. They traveled far enough to incorporate larger cities of the time too
---
"Scissors are overpowered, but rock is okay." - paper
#22k4r6000Posted 5/15/2013 8:50:56 AM
US Civil War - Washington, Richmond, and the surrounding areas. End of the game involves tracking down the conspirators involved in the assassination of Abraham Lincoln and attempted assassinations of Andrew Johnson and William H Seward.
#23BayouJoePosted 5/15/2013 9:17:55 AM
Well, since they seem to be moving forward in time with each release I would guess mid to late 1800's for the one after "Pirates"...........Civil War era maybe.
---
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."
#24Bob_Loblaw215Posted 5/19/2013 7:57:27 AM
Seeing as my knowledge of history is pretty poor at best I'm only going to bother mentioning places I'd like to see and not go into depth about events and what not.

Victorian London
Dubrovnik (no idea what time period, I just think the city looks cool).
China or Japan, somebody mentioned Cambodia and Thailand earlier on which sounds pretty interesting.
I also like the idea of Russia and France that has also been mentioned.
#25LegendaryOozaruPosted 5/27/2013 12:24:55 AM
the assassins are supposed to be the good guys

This was never true. Altair pointed out the fact Assassins use violence and murder to promote peace 1000 years ago.
#26bobbyrkPosted 5/27/2013 1:48:21 PM
LegendaryOozaru posted...

This was never true. Altair pointed out the fact Assassins use violence and murder to promote peace 1000 years ago.

While technically true, you have to also remember that in context, compared to what the Templar usually get up to, the Assassins are the good guys, especially when you bring Hitler and the SS into the picture.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#27TeXaS_PiEPosted 5/27/2013 5:47:47 PM
The Orient. Don't care when.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4914 - 3057 - 0480
GT-- JoEMaN604
#28SpecialActionPosted 5/27/2013 7:09:15 PM(edited)
RugterWyper32 posted...
I have many setting-related ideas. So long post ahead.

For Europe, first idea that comes to mind is the Dutch Revolt followed by the Thirty Years' War. So much potential there, and the Thirty Years' War is historically relevant enough. I think that'd make for an amazing game. Then we have Moorish Spain and Portugal, probably could even extend the game to Morocco if done right. Set at the right time, we could have a culture clash (Lisbon as a city right after being retaken would be cool, and we'd have a big cultural clash there). Then there's France during the 100 Years War or the French Revolution. And then either Tudor England or Victorian England, but leaning more for Tudor era. That'd be very interesting.

For Africa, I'd say the Rozwi Empire in Zimbabwe could prove to be interesting. Places like Great Zimbabwe, Danamombe, Khami and Mapungubwe could be interesting locations. An Egypt based game could be very interesting, Byzantine Egypt I think would be the best choice.

As for Asia, not /as/ ancient, but the Khmer Empire (now Cambodia) could be interesting. The Sukhotai kingdom in Thailand, too. People talk a lot about Japan, Meiji Restoration Japan sounds like the one choice I'd make if they went there. Persia during the Achaemenid Empire would be great, too. Locations like Babylon and Persepolis would be nothing short of amazing.

Then we have the Americas. I'd say something set during the classical period of the Maya (http://www.maya-3d.com/reconstructions/ should give an idea) or the Inca Empire. Can you imagine Machu Pichu, Ollantaytambo and pre-Colonial Cusco? It would be impressive to see. For instance, about Cusco, Francisco Pizzaro had this to say: "We can assure your majesty that it is so beautiful and has such fine buildings that it would even be remarkable in Spain." We also have the Nazca Lines there, which could be connected to TWCB easily. The Maya are also an easy connection.
There's also colonial South America during its wars of independence, which could bring that in too.
And there's also the American Civil War, which could be interesting if done right, but I wouldn't like seeing it any time soon, but it could have potential. It's really last resort, though, pretty much every other setting I put here I'd prefer over it.

These are very interesting ideas; I especially like the parts about Europe and Asia. To add to what you said about Persia, other very intriguing options would include the Sassanid, Safavid, Zand, or Qajar periods. The Qajar age maybe would not be as interesting but the Constitutional Revolution could easily be worked into the overall story. For the Safavid times, Isfahan and Tabriz would be two of the locations. Maybe also factor in the Qizilbash depending on the year range.
#29HagielPosted 6/6/2013 5:57:52 AM
bobbyrk posted...
LegendaryOozaru posted...

While technically true, you have to also remember that in context, compared to what the Templar usually get up to, the Assassins are the good guys, especially when you bring Hitler and the SS into the picture.

And ironically we are now in the same discussion in which Stauffenberg must have been engaging in while considering wether it is right to take a life (Hittler's) to save millions of lives.

It's not like the Assassins in AC murder people at random. They do it because there is no other way, because sometimes people would never stop until they're dead.

So, yeah, in my opinion the assassins are supposed to be the good guys :-).

In our modern days they would not be because we now have a system of justice that is fair and persecutes all regardless of status. At least in theory.
---
It's so much easier to see the world in black and white. Gray? I don't know what to do with gray.
Garrus Vakarian