Assassin's Creed movie coming May 2015

#1BayouJoePosted 5/21/2013 8:17:41 AM
Hope they don't butcher this one like they did to a lot of movies based on video games.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/assassins-creed-movie-coming-may-2015-says-report-6408570?tag=nl.e607&s_cid=e607&ttag=e607
---
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."
#2Bloodlines1191Posted 5/21/2013 1:15:38 PM
Oddly enough I posted this on the BF boards. But yeah, I hope this doesn't make AC1 and Altair obsolete. I know how much people hate Altair and AC1 for it's repetition and stoicism.
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#3Bob_Loblaw215Posted 5/21/2013 2:25:58 PM
I'm hoping for a completely new setting and assassin.
#4Pennywise380Posted 5/21/2013 5:39:28 PM
History repeats itself. It's going to be just as bad as every other videogame movie adaptation. Don't get your hopes up.
---
''Snake from Metal Gear 2 owns everybody. Because he used an owl. To make a guard think it was night time. In the middle of the day. That's just hardcore''
#5FredCat07Posted 5/26/2013 6:35:47 AM
First "Legend of Zelda", now this? Let's hope they worked it in process.
---
What'the matter? Disliked my grammar?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vz0vCbdS1r1g5kzo1_500.gif
#6BayouJoe(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2013 1:15:36 PM
Gotta admit, I think they did pretty good with the Resident Evil movies.....that's about it though.
---
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."
#7Pennywise380Posted 5/27/2013 2:21:41 PM
What?! The Resident Evil films are so bad that they're hilarious. I had a great time watching the second one, I was laughing from start to finish.

I did think that the Silent Hill film was alright, though. It really wasn't in the spirit of the games, but it wasn't a bad film in itself.
---
''Snake from Metal Gear 2 owns everybody. Because he used an owl. To make a guard think it was night time. In the middle of the day. That's just hardcore''
#8BayouJoe(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2013 6:05:26 PM
Depends, I'm a Milla Jovovich fan, I like all her movies......it's all a matter of opinion, to each his own!
---
#9bobbyrkPosted 5/27/2013 6:31:31 PM
I quite liked Prince of Persia, actually. It wasn't super fantastic, but it was a fun romp and Ben Kingsley is always awesome.

Having never played a Resident Evil game in my life, I actually liked the first RE film for what it was (a kind of goofy zombie action movie) but its CGI was just plain awful. I don't remember enough of the second or third to say whether I liked them or not. Never saw the fourth.

I dunno. This has potential, especially with Fassbender attached to it. I know Ubisoft was wanting to maintain creative control at an unprecedented level (instead of just handing it over to Sony and saying "have your way with it," they were wanting to I think retain writing and several other parts on their own, with Sony/whoever their movie partner is providing the funds and some of the technology and possibly casting), so it'll be interesting to see if that's actually what's happening anymore.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#10BayouJoe(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2013 7:53:13 PM
bobbyrk posted...
I quite liked Prince of Persia, actually. It wasn't super fantastic, but it was a fun romp and Ben Kingsley is always awesome.

Having never played a Resident Evil game in my life, I actually liked the first RE film for what it was (a kind of goofy zombie action movie) but its CGI was just plain awful. I don't remember enough of the second or third to say whether I liked them or not. Never saw the fourth.

I dunno. This has potential, especially with Fassbender attached to it. I know Ubisoft was wanting to maintain creative control at an unprecedented level (instead of just handing it over to Sony and saying "have your way with it," they were wanting to I think retain writing and several other parts on their own, with Sony/whoever their movie partner is providing the funds and some of the technology and possibly casting), so it'll be interesting to see if that's actually what's happening anymore.

I've played many of the PoP games and also liked the movie, Jake "what's his name" played it pretty good.
---