Half a year and they haven't fixed jack.

#11chaoscontrol325(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 10:39:44 AM
I don't abhor a game for the occasional glitch here and there, I've never been a person to dislike a game for that. I mean, I played and liked both Fable 3 and Fable 2. But when I frequently see glitches in every mechanic they've tried to implement, the only thing I see is a sloppy game.

Admittedly, I haven't found any gamebreaking glitches so far and I've never heard of any. The glitches I find in AC3 are just.... Inconveniences. Inconveniences stacked on annoyances wrapped in frustration. I don't see any single one as a gamebreaking deal, but when they keep happening over and over and over I get increasingly annoyed.

I played through it when it first came out because I like AC, but the glitches took away my desire to replay and I figured they'd patch it up to an acceptable level. AC3 was obviously rushed to the stores and I figured they'd finish development in hindsight, so to speak. I was obviously wrong.

I'll still get AC4 just because I still think the naval battles are ****ing amazing and I'm guessing AC4 will have a lot of them, but I really hope they learned something about developing a huge game in the span of a year.
---
PSN: Lazuri65 XBL:LazuriXIII
If you don't write you're from GameFAQs and what board in the friend request, you will be denied.
#12bobbyrkPosted 5/24/2013 10:59:53 AM
AC3 was not made in a year. They started working on it immediately after AC2 was released, though admittedly the first year or so was just them working on the engine - and supposedly the engine itself is made more for the next-gen consoles, and the devs admitted that they had some issues later in development (which is part of the reason why the menus are a little slow to respond).

Though to be honest, the only real glitch I ran into besides my ammo all getting reset was some NPCs in The Green Dragon repeating some animations, and frame-rate issues in the loading screen of all places (but not in actual gameplay, oddly enough, though visibly higher framerates for being up on viewpoints in the cities). It also froze once, but I attribute that to the fact that my Xbox being close to red-ringing at the time.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#13chaoscontrol325(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 11:30:46 AM
bobbyrk posted...
AC3 was not made in a year. They started working on it immediately after AC2 was released, though admittedly the first year or so was just them working on the engine - and supposedly the engine itself is made more for the next-gen consoles, and the devs admitted that they had some issues later in development (which is part of the reason why the menus are a little slow to respond).

Though to be honest, the only real glitch I ran into besides my ammo all getting reset was some NPCs in The Green Dragon repeating some animations, and frame-rate issues in the loading screen of all places (but not in actual gameplay, oddly enough, though visibly higher framerates for being up on viewpoints in the cities). It also froze once, but I attribute that to the fact that my Xbox being close to red-ringing at the time.

So they say, but a game doesn't end up like this if a game has been developed by an experienced team for an appropriate amount of time. Either this game wasn't developed in the time they claim or they used too many different teams or they are just bad at developing. I'm just stabbing at the most believable cause.
---
If you don't write you're from GameFAQs and what board in the friend request, you will be denied.
#14TheChrisRichterPosted 5/24/2013 1:05:52 PM
Pennywise380 posted...
TheChrisRichter posted...
Sounds like you are the problem in the way you play and expect the game to work. Just saying.

You're honestly saying that he's in the wrong for expecting the game to work properly?

Jesus Christ.

Yeah that's not what I said, nice try though.
---
You sucka's like die!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waE2WCdpF7E Yes it's me!
#15chaoscontrol325(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 1:24:08 PM
Pennywise380 posted...
Sounds like you are the problem in the way you play and expect the game to work. Just saying.

You're honestly saying that he's in the wrong for expecting the game to work properly?

Jesus Christ.

Yeah that's not what I said, nice try though.

I'm really not playing the game in any special way. I'm just fighting or or freerunning until the game just suddenly throw a glitch at me that throws off the flow of the game. My favorite one is when an enemy with a musket is standing on top of a barrel or something and since he's on a higher elevation than you, he suddenly acts like a sniper. Which means he keeps firing bullets at me with no prompt to grab a human shield. So I'm just taking shot after shot until I kill him.
---
#16bobbyrkPosted 5/24/2013 1:24:17 PM
chaoscontrol325 posted...
bobbyrk posted...

So they say, but a game doesn't end up like this if a game has been developed by an experienced team for an appropriate amount of time. Either this game wasn't developed in the time they claim or they used too many different teams or they are just bad at developing. I'm just stabbing at the most believable cause.

It probably Is a "too many cooks ruin the soup" deal. They had at least six different studios working on different parts of the game and sort of mishmashed them together with little to no real regard for its cohesiveness.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#17RugterWyper32Posted 5/24/2013 2:58:01 PM
The main issues, I feel, are that they were:
a) having many people working on many things at the same time and things didn't fall into place right
b) too ambitious and went in over their heads

If you look at it, this game tried adding so much stuff at once, even more than what could have been polished with a longer development time. And they also went over the limits of what they could do with the hardware at the time. There's the case of the fact they supposedly cut an entire part based on the Great Fire of New York, which probably meant an entire sequence being cut and that would have caused issues. Canoes were also cut out in the last moment, and it looks to me almost as if the Liberation Missions could have been random events all over the place, and things like that. Or the fact they pretty much ran out of space in the disc because they wanted to add higher definition models for cutscenes and that makes the different colors of the outfit not show during them. By the end the series felt like you had all the elements put into a box and they were trying to close it but the thing was about to burst.

So yeah, they aimed way too high and ended up falling right on their faces. Still my favorite game in the series, but there's a clear lack of polish because of issues like that. I'm hoping the devs of AC4 have decided to scale back a little and not go as crazy with how much stuff they can add, because going for that has some serious potential.
---
Step away from the bike