do Brotherhood and Revelations have anything to do with 1, 2, and 3?

#1ffalcons7Posted 5/24/2013 9:08:31 PM(edited)
I played 1 and am currently playing 2 and wanting to get 3 next. Will I miss part of the story if I don't play Brotherhood and Revelations?

I'm going to get Brotherhood and Revelations eventually no matter what but I really want to get 3 first.
#2NillzGrillzPosted 5/24/2013 9:27:36 PM
Honestly, I think they're all pretty necessary. People like to talk up Brotherhood and dismiss Revelations, but you'd be missing out on a pretty fantastic experience by bypassing Revelations. The story is summed up in the beginning of 3, so playing the previous two isn't necessary, but you might as well play them in order to be honest.
#3ffalcons7(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 10:44:11 PM
NillzGrillz posted...
Honestly, I think they're all pretty necessary. People like to talk up Brotherhood and dismiss Revelations, but you'd be missing out on a pretty fantastic experience by bypassing Revelations. The story is summed up in the beginning of 3, so playing the previous two isn't necessary, but you might as well play them in order to be honest.

Ok I'll play the other two first and then play 3. Looks like my summer gaming will be nothing but assassin's creed games : ) Thanks for the input.
#4bobbyrkPosted 5/25/2013 3:31:35 AM
Yes. Brotherhood and Revelations are both continuations of Ezio's story from 2 (Brotherhood starts [for Ezio] just a few moments before AC2 ends, actually), and both develop Desmond's story as well.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#5Kooler2006Posted 5/25/2013 1:43:58 PM
Brotherhood definitely. Revelations is to an extent, but it doesn't really do much of anything for the Desmond side of things. There is stuff with him, but Revelations is mostly Ezio and a bit of Altair.

Both are great games, but if you were to only play one of the two of them, Brotherhood is a must
---
Dattebayo!!
#6BluesSoul617Posted 5/25/2013 6:59:13 PM(edited)
I'd recommend playing all of them if you love the Assassin's Creed series, especially if you loved ACII.

Also if you plan on playing all of Ezio's games, you must play them in order. ACII -> Brotherhood -> Revelations. Optionally, you can watch Embers to conclude Ezio's life.
---
Blues Soul 617
#7FredCat07Posted 5/26/2013 5:37:30 AM
Brotherhood show you how to get the Eden while Revelations help you resolve your memory fragments. That's all I can help you to understand the reason why they are exist for.
---
What'the matter? Disliked my grammar?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vz0vCbdS1r1g5kzo1_500.gif
#8BayouJoePosted 5/29/2013 7:40:02 AM
So far I've played AC2, Brotherhood and AC3......just got Revelations so I guess I'm about to find out what I missed.
---
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."
#9Fred_VIIPosted 6/2/2013 2:11:59 PM
Skip Revelations (or get it really, really cheap). Any story you need from it you could get from youtubing the ten minute ending.
---
Great thing about this armor... Could be anybody inside...
*Virtual Grunt of the Digital Age*
#10FBlade24Posted 6/3/2013 3:22:13 PM
Brotherhood makes 2 feel complete and is a well executed version of the game play. Revelations had the makings of a love letter to true fans who had been playing since the beginning and faltered a little in it's delivery.

Both games are great start to finish and are more then worth a session in my opinion.
---
1 to 0