Uplay Passport/Rewards?

#1cos7191Posted 5/25/2013 5:00:54 AM
Finally getting around to playing this series but before I pick the games up, I have a couple questions.

-Which games in this series include a Uplay passport?

-Are any of the passports required for unlocking any single-player content (Uplay rewards) in these games, or are they just for the ability to play multiplayer?

Reason I ask is because I want to know beforehand if I should hunt down new copies or bother paying for a code if I buy any of the games used. I'm not interested in playing the multiplayer, but I would like to get any of the single-player content that I can through Uplay.
#2Pennywise380Posted 5/25/2013 7:14:43 AM
The original Assassin's Creed and AC2 didn't have Uplay Passports. AC1 was released before Uplay even existed. AC2 has some single-player Uplay content, but you didn't need a passport to access it.

Every game since then has come with a Uplay Passport (those games being AC: Brotherhood, AC: Revelations and AC3).

Someone may correct me on this, but I'm all but certain that the Uplay Passports are only required for the multiplayer. You should be able to access the single-player Uplay content regardless of whether or not you have the passport.

AC3 will bug you to redeem a Uplay passport every time you start it up, though.

Also, here's a little advice regarding the Uplay content:

1) Don't redeem any of the dashboard themes. They're all low-resolution and generally only consist of one static image for every background.

2) Don't redeem any of the content for AC: Revelations. Besides the dashboard theme and a multiplayer character, it offers 'additional Brotherhood weapons' and 'an extra mission for every city in the Mediterranean Defence meta-game'.

'Brotherhood weapons' are the weapons carried by your recruits - you can't use them yourself. You'll never the notice the difference if you waste your points on the extra ones. Likewise, 'Mediterranean Defence' is a text-based minigame used to train your recruits. It's tedious enough as it is, don't waste Uplay points on acquiring more of it.
---
''Snake from Metal Gear 2 owns everybody. Because he used an owl. To make a guard think it was night time. In the middle of the day. That's just hardcore''
#3BluesSoul617Posted 5/25/2013 7:51:55 PM
Brotherhood doesn't use a uPlay passport. I bought it used too. Revelations needs the uPlay passport for Multiplayer or you cannot play period. ACIII needs the uPlay passport to unlock a character and customizable abilities past level 10 for Multiplayer.

Basically, the uPlay passport isn't required for singleplayer.
---
Blues Soul 617
#4cos7191(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2013 5:13:10 AM
Alright, I'll probably only worry about the passport for AC3 then, because that nagging message is likely to really grate on me before long. That's the only game in the series that has some form of message like that until you register it?

BluesSoul617 posted...
Brotherhood doesn't use a uPlay passport. I bought it used too. Revelations needs the uPlay passport for Multiplayer or you cannot play period. ACIII needs the uPlay passport to unlock a character and customizable abilities past level 10 for Multiplayer.

Basically, the uPlay passport isn't required for singleplayer.

Were/are you able to download the single-player Uplay content for Brotherhood despite not having the passport for the game?
#5BluesSoul617Posted 5/26/2013 9:06:28 AM
cos7191 posted...
Were/are you able to download the single-player Uplay content for Brotherhood despite not having the passport for the game?

Yes. Again, Brotherhood doesn't use a uPlay passport (mainly because they didn't start requiring them yet). Also, passports aren't required to receive uPlay rewards. Obtaining uPlay rewards just require you to connect to a uPlay account in order to receive these rewards.
---
Blues Soul 617
#6cos7191(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2013 10:10:01 AM
Good to know. I'm kinda surprised they didn't make the passports required for linking your Uplay account to each game that included them.
#7BluesSoul617Posted 5/26/2013 1:04:01 PM
Well not really because it would be dumb if they restricted rewards for singleplayer. That means you can lend your game to a friend and they can get uPlay rewards too.
---
Blues Soul 617
More topics from this board...
Nine men's morris problemNairel227/22 12:34PM