"Shops Unlocked" Issue

#1u2rocksbabyPosted 5/25/2013 9:15:46 PM
I have an issue that may give me problems with reaching 100% completion. Whenever I start up my game, the world map includes the harbormasters in the number of shops I've unlocked in each region (shops+harbormasters=shops unlocked). But when I actually fast travel to a location, the number in that particular area goes back down to just the number of actual shops I've discovered. THEN when I leave that area, it's JUST the number of harbormasters in that section! I'm worried this may mess with my completion stats. Does this happen to everyone else?
#2FredCat07Posted 5/26/2013 6:34:55 AM
Don't fast travel, just running to there, then unlock that shop.
---
What'the matter? Disliked my grammar?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vz0vCbdS1r1g5kzo1_500.gif
#3u2rocksbaby(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2013 9:48:07 AM
FredCat07 posted...
Don't fast travel, just running to there, then unlock that shop.

Ummmm...what? I never said my issue was actually unlocking the shops. It was about consistent stats. What are you talking about?
#4Pennywise380Posted 5/26/2013 10:42:38 AM
The stats you're talking about have no effect on 100% completion. The only variables that count are the ones listed under the DNA menu on the pause screen.

Don't mind FredCat07, I don't think I've ever seen him post anything that wasn't complete nonsense.
---
''Snake from Metal Gear 2 owns everybody. Because he used an owl. To make a guard think it was night time. In the middle of the day. That's just hardcore''
#5u2rocksbaby(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2013 5:53:41 PM
Pennywise380 posted...
The stats you're talking about have no effect on 100% completion. The only variables that count are the ones listed under the DNA menu on the pause screen.

Don't mind FredCat07, I don't think I've ever seen him post anything that wasn't complete nonsense.

Pennywise, I appreciate your answer, and your warning about FredCat07, but what I'd really like would be for someone to simply check to see if the same thing happens to them. Would you mind checking for me?
#6Pennywise380Posted 5/27/2013 5:29:22 AM
The figures for those statistics have always been completely random for me too, and constantly changing. Don't worry, like I said before, they don't effect anything at all.
---
''Snake from Metal Gear 2 owns everybody. Because he used an owl. To make a guard think it was night time. In the middle of the day. That's just hardcore''
#7u2rocksbaby(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 6:20:29 PM
Pennywise380 posted...
The figures for those statistics have always been completely random for me too, and constantly changing. Don't worry, like I said before, they don't effect anything at all.

I think I've figured it out. The icons change when ship upgrades are available, which only begins after you acquire the Aquila, and ends once you purchase them all. That's why those particular stats SEEM random but are simply responding to the non-upgrade ports but not the upgrade-inclusive ones.