Thinking of buying... few questions for those with the game.

#1kentuckybobPosted 12/26/2013 2:16:11 PM
I've played 1,2 and brotherhood.

1) Is the world of AC3 in one big open world ala brotherhood, or seperated by loading screens ala AC2?

2) how many hours till I can start exploring the wilderness?

3) how big is the wilderness compared to the world of brotherhood?

4) can I free aim with the bow?

5) is there any shop purchase/renovation like brotherhood? can you own banks and such?

6) can I dye clothes?

7) can I disable the kill cams or lower their frequency?

8) are there many instant fail missions?

9) what sort of side missions are there?

10) Do I have a main house/base of operations?

11) apart from the cities are there many small villages in the countryside?

12) How much Desmond gameplay is there and can I skip it?
---
"You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?"
#2TheLastAvatar05Posted 12/26/2013 6:59:43 PM
1. It's separate cities and the Frontier, which, is massive compared to what you had in Assassin Creed 2 alone. I only wished that they included Philadelphia, which, was originally planned but taken out due to the architecture.

2. I think it's somewhere in Sequence 3-5. Don't remember unless someone can correct this.

3. It's suppose to be larger than the cities of Brotherhood combined, or so I've been told.

4. No,

5. No.

6. No, though I could be wrong with this.

7. See above.

8. It's the same as any other Assassin Creed game, in terms of instant failures during missions if you mess up.

9. Brawls, Frontier hunting challenges, hunting, naval contracts, collecting feathers, pages, sending assassins into different missions, Investigating legends, liberation contracts.

10) Yes.

11) No.

12) It's like 3-5 sequences and you can't skip it.
---
Proud Member of Squad 422. "Altaha Abilia"
#3bobbyrkPosted 12/27/2013 8:51:25 AM
1) Is the world of AC3 in one big open world ala brotherhood, or seperated by loading screens ala AC2?

It's multiple regions like in AC2. Boston, New York, the Frontier, and a Homestead. The Frontier is much larger than either Rome or Constantinople, while Boston and New York are somewhere around AC2's Venice in size.

2) how many hours till I can start exploring the wilderness?

You can technically explore all the wilderness within the first couple of hours of play, however you won't be able to do any "tree-running" until later.

3) how big is the wilderness compared to the world of brotherhood?

As said above, the Frontier is much larger than Brotherhood's Rome.

4) can I free aim with the bow?

Unfortunately, there's no free aim. There's no "lock on" like the previous games had, either, instead when you face a target they get highlighted as what you're aiming at. However, you CAN pull the LT and "zoom" in, which allows you to be more precise with what you're aiming at.

5) is there any shop purchase/renovation like brotherhood? can you own banks and such?

No. All income is more active now. You sell items at shops either by yourself or through convoys.

6) can I dye clothes?

There are different "outfits" you can buy, unlocked as the game progresses, which are recolors of the main outfit. However, these recolors don't show up in the cutscenes.

7) can I disable the kill cams or lower their frequency?

You can lower their frequency, but you can't outright disable them.

8) are there many instant fail missions?

A couple, but not many.

9) what sort of side missions are there?

There are Assassination missions, but unfortunately they're not very good. Go someplace and kill a nameless character who's wandering around the area. There's Courier missions, you deliver notes from one character to another, with no time limit. There's missions where you have to collect a number of items and deliver them to a person. Hunting missions for legendary animals. Homestead missions for gathering people to the Homestead. Naval missions. Missions where you have to find the truth behind some myths (but not like AC2/Brotherhood's Subject 16 puzzles, this is stuff like Bigfoot/UFOs/the Headless Horseman, that sort of thing). The "Boston Brawlers" missions have you finding and participating in bare-knuckle fights in every region except the Homestead. There's stuff for Assassin Recruits as well - Liberation Contracts have you do some repetitive thing in a region in order to unlock new recruits, and then you can send recruits off on missions like in Brotherhood and Revelations.

10) Do I have a main house/base of operations?

Yes. That's the Homestead I've mentioned above.

11) apart from the cities are there many small villages in the countryside

Yes, there's a few small towns as well as the village that Connor is from. There's also a couple Forts which you can take over and use as Fast Travel points.

12) How much Desmond gameplay is there and can I skip it?

There's three Desmond missions which are unskippable, as well as the beginning and end. These involve platforming in all three and combat in the latter two missions.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#4kentuckybob(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2013 8:36:29 AM
Thanks guys thats helpful, I'll probably pick it up.
---
"You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?"