Thoughts on this game......

#1whyterose86Posted 11/29/2011 7:55:34 PM
Voltron:DOU is neither great or bad.....just a typical twin stick shooter :v( Sucks too bc it could've been great! First and foremost this game has great nostalgic value....with scenes from the show before each level. Its also cool that each lion has different attributes, but they should've incorporated a "leveling" system to further the idea. Also the graphics are unique but waaay too small. The action should be closer. It helps that the game only sets ya back ten bucks tho. Good for what it is but should've used the Renegade ops model....IMO
#2HAWK327Posted 11/29/2011 8:29:27 PM
I'm not one to troll but just played the demo. :( LAME!

I own the first 3 seasons on dvd so i'm good with getting my fix of Voltron. As soon as I saw this game I thought this will be just a quick cash and grab. I was hopping the demo would prove me wrong.

This is about as entertaining as that Kick-ass game. Could have been great but falls flat..

Graphics are horrible , sound and score sux. Anything but the intro song and Voltron theme are the only redeeming quality. Then again if you want to listen to the music just go to youtube.

Powers and Lions are just a tad different nothing special. Score at least for the first level was garbage. Sound effects for the lion running where is it? You'd think they would be some sense of weight from the lion running on the ground, nothing. Looks bland and just a quick developed game just to cash in from the name.

If your into these type of games that are twin shooters.I highly recommend Renegade OPs. That is a twin shooter done right.

I will say one thing thou the controls for Voltron are decent and easy. The lions move smooth. Just wish they would have put more time into this. Feels like they just worked on this game on weekends for 3 months.

For 9.99 I guess its a decent price. For those on the fence I'd pass or play the demo.

I'm sure I'll get cursed out by the fans or diehards but could careless. I'm a diehard Voltron fan and the game is garbage.

Like Sven would say "I always think they look beautiful" -Regarding vultures from episode 1 after a second earlier saying how he hates them. LMAO

Sorry guys this gets 2 Lions out of 5 No forming Voltron here.

If your still in denial about the game I guess I could say another positive .... This game vs new Voltron Force cartoon? This game FTW
---
Not changing this sig until the Jets win a Superbowl. So I guess this sig is here to stay forever!Started 1/23/08
#3GeminiEntityPosted 11/29/2011 10:53:38 PM
Imo, if you're a fan of Voltron and at least enjoy this type a game, then it's worth the 10 bucks asking price. Keep in mind, I don't play many twin stick shooters so my standards may be low when it comes to that, but I am a fan of Voltron and did like the feel of what this game offered in that regard.

Graphics = They get the job done, they are nothing special but they are not bad either. Colorful to say the least.

Sound/Music = Could be a bit more varied if you will, though the Lions have their classic roar when pouncing and such. Some stages seem to feature music or at least remixed music from the show. Either that or the music just fit at times despite being generic.

Controls = Seem fine to me. Nothing ever happened that made a hit or attack seem unfair.

Gameplay = Gets the job done, but only because the game is 10 bucks. Your options are limited, fun but limited. That is my biggest gripe. Seems they could have done more, like leveling up stats of the lions or perhaps just their powers. Wish their metal weapons would have been included as some sort of ammo system. Fighting the robeasts should have been different, though I'm guessing it would have required a different system them the lion system so they just went with a simple turn button game.

I beat the game in 2 hours on my first playthrough, though I was searching around a little bit.
---
Rock You
---
#4_ChunksTM_Posted 11/30/2011 12:23:07 AM
I thought that this game was good for the price. I'm an old school Voltron fan, and I like how the game was produced with clips of the old show integrated as cut scenes, and other nice little touches like when you pause the game and get the whole "Voltron will return after these messages" line. It's not the meatiest of games as far as content or playability, but I'm getting my $10 worth.

I'm just wondering about one thing, though...on the main menu, there's an option for Download Content. Does anyone have any idea what this may be? It leads to an error right now because there's no content yet, but does anyone have a clue as to what this content may be? In my opinion, it would be nice if they made a few levels starring the Voltron Vehicle Force, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.
---
Conquest is made of the ashes of one's enemies.
#5GeminiEntityPosted 11/30/2011 12:35:02 AM

I'm just wondering about one thing, though...on the main menu, there's an option for Download Content. Does anyone have any idea what this may be? It leads to an error right now because there's no content yet, but does anyone have a clue as to what this content may be? In my opinion, it would be nice if they made a few levels starring the Voltron Vehicle Force, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

I noticed they have a leader board listing for Zarkon's Arena. Not sure if that is in the multiplayer section though, as I didn't check out that mode yet.
---
Rock You
---
#6Kenshin9248Posted 11/30/2011 1:18:13 AM
Doesn't have drop in and drop out online? Also the game lobby sucks, it tells you no info about the game at all.
---
PSN: http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/x9248
#7QuietStorm75Posted 12/1/2011 11:21:07 AM
ChunksTM posted...
I thought that this game was good for the price. I'm an old school Voltron fan, and I like how the game was produced with clips of the old show integrated as cut scenes, and other nice little touches like when you pause the game and get the whole "Voltron will return after these messages" line. It's not the meatiest of games as far as content or playability, but I'm getting my $10 worth.

I actually liked Vehicle Voltron and even appreciated it even more when I realized that this was a different universe (sorry but the Lions and Vehicles thing was actually done for TV purposes, but to me they need a hard reboot in order to get that right).

As far as DLC, it seems to me that it would be just an additional mode or 2. Nothing really major.
---
You can call anyone a playmaker. The difference is they are the verb, I am the noun -- Michael Irvin
#8DevilD2005Posted 12/1/2011 6:34:36 PM
The game sucks if you are playing by yourself. It is a generic twin shooter with repetitive levels.

Online with a team of five, that is when a small level of immersion comes in and it feels like you are part of a butt kicking force taking on an enemy army. Honestly, they are two highly different experiances.
#9Kenshin9248Posted 12/1/2011 9:44:10 PM
Agreed. It's hard to get 5 players tho... hell it's hard to even find a game sometimes.

I have played 3 games with 4 other people... all of them ended up with me being alone as they dropped one after another. I ended up completing the game by myself one time tho since I had such a good score, got me 3rd place on the online leaderboards lol

No drop in drop out really kills this game.
---
PSN: http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/x9248
#10RHFPosted 12/1/2011 11:11:44 PM
Besides limited moves, and the Robeasts having only two animations. It's hasn't been bad so far. Been playing with a friend, who I mistakenly got him into getting it by accident. But we've both been having a decent time with it so far.

Still not THEE perfect Voltron game, but it's not bad. Nothing amazing though
---
For great justice! And Fruit Pies! *Official #1 supporter for Hsien-ko*