'' This quest will not be written onto your profile" ????

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Island
  3. '' This quest will not be written onto your profile" ????
4 years ago#1
What does that mean?

I'm playing co-op with a friend and we are about the same level,whenever we do quests i get the message: This quest will not be written onto your profile....

Does this mean that when i play SP i will have to do all of these quests again? and what about XP? will i gain anything? it's kinda weird..other than that i'm having a blast.

anyone else have this and/or an answer?
thanx in advance
4 years ago#2

You will keep all xp but the quest wont be done on you SP.

4 years ago#3
hmm, well to be honest i think that's lame. Why not have everything you do in either SP or co-op just register as done?

*SPOILERS* ;

my buddy was a bit farther than me and i joined his lobby. He had to secure the lifeguard station so we did this together...

After that we decided to switch (him joining my lobby) to see what's what..

I still had to return the access card to sinamoi and then we proceeded to secure the lifeguard station...but i could not complete this quest as the radio was unusable for me and the Z that jumped you in that room was also gone...Is this designed to be like that or did we encounter a glitch?
4 years ago#4
i dont really care if quests will not be writtin onto my profile in co-op as long as i keep the items and xp that i get from the co-op.
---
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~
4 years ago#5
^yes thanks for that and i kinda agree with you but what's the point in drop in drop out co-op if you don't make progress? (apart from fun with friends and the aforementioned XP)..it makes no sense to me if it has been designed like that...
4 years ago#6
try not to join anyone elses game. maybe someone will join your game.
---
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~
4 years ago#7
yeah thing is me and two buddies bought this for co-op together..ah well i'll get over it but it's weird how i couldn't finish the lifeguard station quest when we switched lobbies.
4 years ago#8
oh and the fact that i don't really enjoy playing with randoms has something to do with it.... :P
4 years ago#9

Yea this was bugging the hell outta me last night. But exactly as someone said my buddys n I bought this to complete together, but now im screwed!

So just to clarify...... Ill have to beat this on my buddys profile then mine?

4 years ago#10
Trust me, this is a good thing. Borderlands didn't have this, and I kind of wish they did. I'm a completionist, and because you can pick up quests off co-op players (even if you've completed them), they will forever sit in your active quest log.... its very annoying. At least with Dead Island, none of the quests roll over...
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Island
  3. '' This quest will not be written onto your profile" ????

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived