'' This quest will not be written onto your profile" ????

#1rufuzmitchellPosted 9/7/2011 12:07:11 PM
What does that mean?

I'm playing co-op with a friend and we are about the same level,whenever we do quests i get the message: This quest will not be written onto your profile....

Does this mean that when i play SP i will have to do all of these quests again? and what about XP? will i gain anything? it's kinda weird..other than that i'm having a blast.

anyone else have this and/or an answer?
thanx in advance
#2feared4powerPosted 9/7/2011 12:08:35 PM

You will keep all xp but the quest wont be done on you SP.

#3rufuzmitchell(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2011 1:27:02 PM
hmm, well to be honest i think that's lame. Why not have everything you do in either SP or co-op just register as done?

*SPOILERS* ;

my buddy was a bit farther than me and i joined his lobby. He had to secure the lifeguard station so we did this together...

After that we decided to switch (him joining my lobby) to see what's what..

I still had to return the access card to sinamoi and then we proceeded to secure the lifeguard station...but i could not complete this quest as the radio was unusable for me and the Z that jumped you in that room was also gone...Is this designed to be like that or did we encounter a glitch?
#4magemaximusPosted 9/7/2011 1:36:07 PM
i dont really care if quests will not be writtin onto my profile in co-op as long as i keep the items and xp that i get from the co-op.
---
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~
#5rufuzmitchell(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2011 1:42:09 PM
^yes thanks for that and i kinda agree with you but what's the point in drop in drop out co-op if you don't make progress? (apart from fun with friends and the aforementioned XP)..it makes no sense to me if it has been designed like that...
#6magemaximusPosted 9/7/2011 1:52:21 PM
try not to join anyone elses game. maybe someone will join your game.
---
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~
#7rufuzmitchell(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2011 2:05:18 PM
yeah thing is me and two buddies bought this for co-op together..ah well i'll get over it but it's weird how i couldn't finish the lifeguard station quest when we switched lobbies.
#8rufuzmitchell(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2011 2:06:23 PM
oh and the fact that i don't really enjoy playing with randoms has something to do with it.... :P
#9sodamshadyPosted 9/7/2011 2:33:00 PM

Yea this was bugging the hell outta me last night. But exactly as someone said my buddys n I bought this to complete together, but now im screwed!

So just to clarify...... Ill have to beat this on my buddys profile then mine?

#10RahjikPosted 9/7/2011 4:40:28 PM
Trust me, this is a good thing. Borderlands didn't have this, and I kind of wish they did. I'm a completionist, and because you can pick up quests off co-op players (even if you've completed them), they will forever sit in your active quest log.... its very annoying. At least with Dead Island, none of the quests roll over...