Unique Guns

#1Ronan37Posted 9/12/2011 4:37:38 PM
Hello, hello!

I've been looking about for the guns I've seen listed known as McCalls 9mm, Defender of the Motherland, and ..... Breach Cleaner or something, forgot the name of the shotgun. I'm at the end of the jungle just before I go to the lab and am loath to move on in case I might miss one.

Does anyone know where these weapons can be found?

Also, is it possible to find green, blue, purple, orange firearms as random drops or something? I've only seen whites except for green rifle, pistol and shotguns from quest rewards, and I'd love to have a colored version of a single shot rifle as I prefer it to the auto's in the game.

Thanks!
#2yillinPosted 9/12/2011 4:41:13 PM
Found a purple Lethal Single Shot Rifle in a locker at the police station. Still use it to this day for encounters with humans.
---
"It's in your nature, you can paint whatever picture you like. No matter what Ted Koppel says on channel 4 tonite." - Incubus
#3the5elementPosted 9/12/2011 4:43:15 PM
they are completely random drops. either from enemys or chests, theres no specific locations to find stuff like that.(aside from a couple missions)
---
I'll tell you what i do like: A killer, a dyed-in-the-wool killer, cold-blooded, clean, methodical and thorough - Zorg
#4xXSuenoXxPosted 9/12/2011 5:14:17 PM
I'm not too far into the game, but you should be able to move freely back and forth to find weapons and mods between zones. I occasionally fast back to lifeguard to make molotovs. (missed molotov mod and haven't gone back to try it.)
#5Ronan37(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2011 7:43:50 AM
I'm going to bump this for a different reason.

Does anybody have any favorite locations for gun farming? Respawning chests with guns in em that are near a fast travel point or easily ran to? Vendors that have a chance to sell non-common firearms? Soldiers or bosses that have a chance to drop them besides from quest rewards?

My melee picks are all filled up, mainly with weapons you get from quests. Tijuana Machete, Zed's Demise and Mindblowing Military Knife will carry you through EVERYWHERE if you get the first two at level 50. It's just the guns I'm missing out on, leaving that last slot open for screw around weapons like the chainsaw, another backup melee, or GRENADES which are fun as heck.

Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.
#6Iain RockfordPosted 9/14/2011 10:32:05 AM
iv found an orange magnum called the unforgiven guess thats rare
---
this week my outlook on life is the glass is half empty!!
#7ChaosDynePosted 9/14/2011 11:16:43 AM
I bought my Gold Single Shot Rifle at the warehouse in Moresby for 218k.. @_@
---
---
FFCC: EoT FC: 3223-1695-2923 (C. Dyne)
#8Lastat27Posted 9/14/2011 11:32:16 AM
Bought my Gold Shotgun at the Lab merchant... twice.
---
PSN: Galactimus | Interest: Dead Island, Disgaea 4, Sacred 2
The Purna Database: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/622414-dead-island/60308411
#9StuntmanSnakePosted 9/14/2011 12:00:16 PM
^ Are you two bragging about the fact that you abused the dupe glitch? Just curious.
#10Ronan37(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2011 12:01:05 PM
I just found a Gold Short Shotgun Lv 37 in the police station chest near the fast travel point and where you find the pistol ammo blueprint. Upgraded it to a +4 Striker Shotgun, does 800+200 per shot.

I'll just start making rounds of merchants when I hit level 50 I guess lol, I sooooo want a gold single shot rifle and sidearm.

Anyone know the best way to get merchants to refresh? I fast travel between em, load checkpoints, exit the game and load it back up, hell I've even restarted the system and it seems the only way to get em to refresh their lists and sell something new is to do a quest and come back.

Eventually I run out of quests lol!

Do they refresh after a certain amount of time, like say, just go waste zeds for 10 min and they sell different stuff?