A fix for online coop multiplayer....your welcome.

#1Snake855Posted 9/18/2011 6:00:12 PM
So you and your buddy(ies) wanna play online but don't want to experience the glitch? No problem, heres what you do:

-The person whos inviting his buddies into his game has to set his mode to private and has to set the maximum player slots to accomodate his friends.

-Invite your friends

-Enjoy game without fear of experiencing the save glitch.

The reasoning behind all of this is because when near other players and get asked to join their game, that right there activates the glitch. But if you have a private game with the maximum allowed players in your group then it will stop asking you to join other peoples games, therefore halting the save glitch.

I spent 2 hours with this to confirm this is true. Me and my uncle played, so i set it to private online, 1 private slot available and i invited him and we played 2 hours and every single time it saved our progess.
---
WoW Owns Your Soul
#2Snake855(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2011 6:02:39 PM
Side note: While waiting for your friend to join, pause the game until he joins to avoid a popup asking to join someones game (Causing the glitch)
---
WoW Owns Your Soul
#3MastherBeBadPosted 9/18/2011 6:03:49 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll try it as soon as I get my Dead Island copy.
---
"Ignorance Everywhere". Alex Valentine.
#4lionhartwolfPosted 9/18/2011 6:06:51 PM
i need a fix so i can play with my friends who are on 1.1.0
#5Snake855(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2011 6:09:41 PM
Not sure how to fix that problem, since i never had to patch the game when i started playing (thank god). But i heard that if u downloaded the patch and want to play online with people who have not downloaded it, you can delete the patch. But i do not know if this is 100% accurate or true.
---
WoW Owns Your Soul
#6MaxTyrealPosted 9/18/2011 7:12:00 PM
Posted the same topic 6 days ago! Played 25 hours of co-op so far this way with 5 different players.
People need to learn how to use the search bar!
No disrespect to TC.
#7dman3981Posted 9/18/2011 7:14:14 PM
lionhartwolf posted...
i need a fix so i can play with my friends who are on 1.1.0

Your friends can delete the patch by going to game data utility on the XMB and deleting the patch data. Inform your friends though that its going to remove any progress for trophies and challenges.
---
Why? Why can't we all get along? Why do we have to complain about everything? Why can't we all just be happy?
#8Snake855(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2011 7:36:29 PM
MaxTyreal,

Sorry, i've been visiting this board everyday for 3 weeks now but didin't notice your thread. My bad! :D
---
WoW Owns Your Soul
#9RavenGlennPosted 9/18/2011 7:37:45 PM
I was already doing this before I even knew of the bug and that's when I first encountered it. So...yeah....it doesn't work.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#10Snake855(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2011 6:28:01 AM
Bumping because its now been 5 days glitch free online for using this method.
---
WoW Owns Your Soul